Before you ask please READ THIS

"Fit Portrait" cropping landscape images but not portrait images

edited September 2013 in Spaceship Posts: 6
Hello,
I've been testing images for an hour trying to get the right height for my main album. I have tried everything. I tried the following scenario on the same image (fit portrait) and found the problem-

1200px height (Portrait Image) - looks fine, fitting to height and leaving space on right and left as it should
1200px height (Landscape Image) - Image is being cropped on the top and bottom even when hiding the menu bar, etc.

Is there code in here that determines whether an image is portrait or landscape and overrides the "Fit Portrait" I specify for the album? I want both portrait AND landscape images to be fit to height (portrait) without losing image area on the top and bottom. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you!

Comments

• AirAir
    edited September 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)

In Spaceship there is no such option. Script is trying to cover whole area with image, and that is why it is cropped. If you really need to show every pixel of your image I would advise to divide you pictures to horizontal and vertical and put them in separate albums with separate fit option activated.

Similar subject is in topic below yours http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/1588/album-list-fit-images-question/p1

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hi there,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I would only be putting horizontal (landscape) images in the album we are speaking of. I just did the portrait as a test to see if it was getting cropped (and it wasn't). That is where my confusion lies - I can't figure out a way to have the landscape images not get cropped or stretched in any way. It would be ideal to have the entire image show - photographers take into account even what is on the edges of a frame - those things are important! :) The only workaround I can figure is to make the canvas size larger than the image. That would be a pain. Do you have a way to work around this without having to do that? I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem. The similar subject you posted wouldn't fix the problem unfortunately. :(
  • AirAir
    Hi again:-)

As I said this script forces to cover whole area with image, so this is why it is stretching it. In topic I linked I wrote why it is not possible in Spaceship theme to get this effect. I am afraid that without serious modification of Supersized script there is nothing we can do.
    Also in that topic, I suggested to use Wordpress gallery with ligthbox instead.

This is all I got for now in this case, sorry :-(

With regards.