Before you ask please READ THIS

500 Internal Server Error when trying to update album

nmrnmr
edited September 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 4
Hi,

Im getting a strange error that seems to be persisting through all the updates of the theme: Every time I attempt to update my main album (with around 100 pictures in it) I receive a 500 internal server error.

Here is what I know:
- I am using the most recent wordpress
- I am using 1.4.1 of Hypershot
- I have tried disabling ALL plugins and still get the same error.
- I am on a shared hosting account

Here is the way the problem manifests:
- I attempt to modify the album and click update and it goes to a 500 internal server error
- I have tried deleting some images.. but get the 500 internal error when I click update.
- If I do nothing to the album but try clicking update I get the 500 error.
- I can't add to this album either.. when I click update I get the error.
- I tried duplicating the album and modifying it.. I get the same error when I click update.
- I CAN create a new album and update it.

I called my hosting support and they said it was something called a "premature end of script" on the post.php file... I'm not well versed enough to be able to address this and the hosting company insists it must be a theme issue. I read the other posts on this forum about inability to add more images or update and nothing seems to make a difference.

I thought the post about maximum field count submission could be the culprit, but I think this was addressed in the 1.33 update to Hypershot.

Any help you can offer would be immensely helpful. I would recreate the album, but it took me hours to create this one. Im pretty desperate.

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited September 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hi nmr

I think you also hit limit as in this topic http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/6646#Comment_6646. There is also server side solution there.

You are right that we tried to fight this issue, but as it sits in deep core of how adding photos to albums works, we have for now only server side solution or to divide big albums to smaller ones. Read whole mentioned topic for more info.

At the moment I am rebuilding whole system in our new theme, but it will be incompatible with this what is in Hypershot. After I am done with it I will try somehow to copy it to Hypershot and make it that no one will loose their data.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • nmrnmr
    Thanks for your reply. I read that post already.. unfortunately with the shared hosting I have I can't make changes to the server settings.

I look forward to the new system you are working on for your new theme. I hope it can be of some assistance.

In the meantime, is there a way i can create multiple albums and have them all displayed on one page? Not just the list of albums... but all the pictures in the albums together on one page... then I can also have the filtering aspect based on genre.

Let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Nope, there is no other way of displaying all albums then Albums list. I believe you could create some custom template that would display all photos/videos form albums, but adding filtering to it is whole different story. Anyway if you aren't familiar with coding then you will have to probably wait for new solution.

Thanks for patience :-)

With regards.