Before you ask please READ THIS

Direct Links

edited October 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 2
Hi there. Thanks for the Hypershot, really love it.

A few questions: since I'm going to be using the theme as my video reel, I'd like to:
- have direct links to items in an album. being able to tag/categorize individual items would be even better. is that somehow possible (even with a bit of coding, I don't mind). what comes to my mind is using the blog entries, but they're not so beautiful for videos, most of all using the embedded player instead of the nice full screen previews.
- have some descriptions of the videos. being able to combine with what's above would be even better. is there a relatively simple way to combine videos with the way the photo items are displayed? picture a video item with a description like in the photo items?

Maybe there's a solution somebody tried already. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    Reznichenko said: have direct links to items in an album. being able to tag/categorize individual items would be even better.
    There is no tagging individual items in album build in theme. Adding it would require much of coding, so this could be a problem. Also direct links to items in album are same problem. There are links to attachment page of photo like this for example
    http://hypershot.theme.apollo13.eu/album/full-width/attachment/1/
    Reznichenko said: ave some descriptions of the videos
    On start we added such thing, but we had to remove it cause everything what was above video interfered with controls of video, mainly on touch devices as they have own limits while displaying video. We can try to extend it again by description, but it will be while rebuilding whole system of multi upload of Albums, and it will be in month or so.

With regards.
  • alright, then is there a chance of (relatively easily) crossing the albums with the blog? say, substituting a blog entry view with an album item view?
  • AirAir
    I think Albums list is such cross http://hypershot.theme.apollo13.eu/ :-)
    You can add to each album custom link so it would lead to different place, for example to post.

With regards.