Before you ask please READ THIS

Thumbs size in Bricks layout

edited October 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 23
hello

Is there a way to control the thumb size in brick album layout not only by width but "per longest size"?
this way my landscape images look very small and portrait vertical images are really big comparing to landscape ones.
can i control the thumbs size by height?

thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello
    nikica said:
    Is there a way to control the thumb size in brick album layout not only by width but "per longest size"?
    I don't understand what does it mean.

Anyway Images(bricks) width has to be set before uploading images, cause Wordpress have to make resized versions, so there is no way to have custom widths for custom albums.

With regards.
    i will try to be more clear. for now i have thumbs size in brick layout set by width. if i try to set them by height and put the "width" to 0 it doesn't work. so is there a way i can set thumbs to be shown by longest edge of the photo? or at least by the height?
    that way landscape images thumbs would be the same size as the vertical images.
  • AirAir
    This would mean that grid would be horizontal instead of vertical. Unfortunately script which controls the grid can only make vertical one.

With regards.
    then how could i make horizontal thumbs appear larger without changing the size of vertical thumbs? is there a way?
    thanks
  • AirAir
    I think it is not possible. Maybe better way is to focus on your vertical images like in our demo http://hypershot.theme.apollo13.eu/
    Or divide them between albums.

With regards.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 23
    ok, thanks :)
    and one more question. can i make the thumbs one particular size so they would be only a portion of an image and not the smaller version of the whole image?
    Post edited by nikica on
  • AirAir
    There is set cropping function for thumbnails so they are firstly resized and then cropped, so it is kind of working this way(I think that is how it works). Anyway you can go to advance/apollo13.php line ~145 change this
    add_image_size( 'album-bricks', $temp_w, $temp_h, true ); to add_image_size( 'album-bricks', $temp_w, $temp_h );, regenerate thumbs and check if this will be better result for you.

With regards.

thanks. i will try that. is there some change i can do to get horizontal grid?
  • AirAir
    edited October 2013 Posts: 10,970
    I answered you already:-)
    Air said: I think it is not possible.
    Post edited by Air on