Before you ask please READ THIS

Display issues with "Works" and "Pages" in search results.

edited November 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 5
Hi, when using the default WP search widget there are display issues when results contain “works” or “pages” instead of just “posts”. Any search results containing “works” or “pages” appear to have blog post like dates, tags and comment fields on top of their titles. This can also be seen in the demo of your theme (see attachment for example). Search results that only contain blog posts display fine.

Will this be fixed or is there some way to limit search results only to blog posts for the time being? Searching is a vital feature, unfortunately it’s disappointing that it seems to cause issues in the theme.

Thanks for any help or solutions.
Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 4.15.16 PM.png
1728 x 1450 - 247K
Post edited by bjefferson on

Comments

• edited November 2013 Posts: 493
    Hi

we will add this fix in newest release.

For now you can add it to css file (common/css/layout.css) :

.search div.post-info, .search-results div.post-info {
    display: none
    }
    Kind regards
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5
    Assuming that you mean (common/css/layout.css) inside of the theme's folder, I don't have this file. I have this file in neither my uploaded folder nor the extracted .zip downloaded from Themeforest. I'm using the most recent version available at Themeforest by the way.

Edit: OK, apparently the layout style sheet is in common/css/skeleton/layout.css. So, I put the fixed classes in there. However, while it got rid of the overlapping text, I now have the problem of what looks like a right margin or padding. So, now there's a blank space of about 130px on results that are "posts". See attachment.

I'm going to just use a plugin to hide "works" and "pages" from searches until the next version of the Skyfashion theme is released or there's a different fix.
    Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 2.14.08 PM.png
    137 x 991 - 22K
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5
    I also have another display problem. The "footer widgets" completely disappear when viewing the blog on an iPhone 5. This also happens on your demo site of Skyfashion. I kind of defeats the purpose of the responsive design.

Any solutions?
    Hi bjefferson,

Firstly could you send me a link to your webpage? If you dont want to send it directly to me please use private msg.

Kind regards
  • Hi, did you ever get the PM? I'm just curious as this forum is a bit different than the ones I'm used to.
    Hi Bjefferson,

I sent you a information through PM.

Kind regards