Before you ask please READ THIS

Can't upload demo data & theme not working properly

edited November 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 16
Hi there,
I have been trying to update my website www.smhdzines.com - of which has a html pg at the moment saying that my website is getting an upgrade - because quite frankly this whole process is starting to do my head in!

I can't upload the demo stuff no matter how many times I try, I get the following error message:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1095490 bytes) in /home/smhdzine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers.php on line 66"

Also, I am wondering if my past theme has anything to do with this one playing up on me - I moved the theme in my CPanel so as not to use it - but its not in my public folder anymore - so am I correct in assuming this means it shouldnt be having any effect on my now current Beach Please theme??

If I want to wipe everything out and start again how do I do this?

Starting to get really frustrated with this template and the limitations I seem to be having with it all - versus how easy it seemed when I purchased it.

Help!

Thanks in advance
Sarah
www.smhdzines.com

Comments

• AirAir
    edited November 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hello

Sorry you had to wait whole day, we had theme premiere yesterday and cause of that no time at all(still hardly any):-)
    smhdzines said: I can't upload the demo stuff no matter how many times I try, I get the following error message:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1095490 bytes) in /home/smhdzine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers.php on line 66"
    It looks like some server limit, but I am not sure. Anyway why you want to upload demo data on productive site? This will make mess.
    smhdzines said: Also, I am wondering if my past theme has anything to do with this
    Rather not. You can always reinstall wordpress but firstly backup your wp-content/uploads folder and export all your post/works/etc.
    smhdzines said: If I want to wipe everything out and start again how do I do this?
    This is good way to make inside cleaning without reinstalling WP -> http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-database-reset/
    smhdzines said: Starting to get really frustrated with this template and the limitations I seem to be having with it all - versus how easy it seemed when I purchased it.
    I strongly believe issue is somewhere else, so please don't put such harming statement.

Btw. Please also follow documentation while working with theme http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/

Good luck!

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on