Before you ask please READ THIS

dummy data= sample data doesn't work

edited December 2013 in Superior Posts: 1
Hi i just purchased the theme, I followed all the instructions and had imported the sample_data.xml as showed on tutorial.
On my menu I selected Main Menu like in the tutorial but is empty, no dummy content is loaded.
I tried the import but after several times (more than 20 ) no message of success appear.
Before purchase it says Full Demo Content, will take a few minutes but this makes no sense at all.
thanks in advance
Post edited by saintmunchies on

Comments

• AirAir
    edited December 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)
    saintmunchies said: Before purchase it says Full Demo Content, will take a few minutes but this makes no sense at all.
    Problem is with server load and servers(yours and our) connection speed. When you select to download attachments there is possibility it won't make it in 30 seconds(maximum execution time of PHP script). That is why you sometimes have to try many times before all data is downloaded to your server.

Anyway, try to import demo data without attachments. This should be fast. Unfortunately Wordpress importer sux, and when downloading so rich in images content it can fail. We are working on our own importer that won't suffer from "maximum execution time of PHP script" issue.

I will take a look now for some better solutions with importing.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on