Before you ask please READ THIS

what loop diplays 'portfolio categories' ??

edited December 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 8
I have affected different 'portfolio categories' to my works.
i need to switch the header ( with each different menu ) depending the work clicked by the visitor on the site.

I do not know what loop or code I use to display the list of 'portfolio categories' screen

Can you help me ?

thanks again.

Sangana.

Comments

hi sangana,

Could you send me a link to your webpage?

Kind regards
  • Hello Argone

http://ns3326251.ovh.net/9eme/

Could you give me the loop asap ?

Thanks.
    But still dont get which type of portfolio loop do you want to edit. Small images? Medium images? Big images? in sliding banner?

Kind regards
  • Hello Argone

I do not mean any disrespect but what's the point of giving you the url of the site if you still asking me questions? You understood what I asked you? seriously ..
    just tell me if i can display the 'portfolio categories' or not.
    I would not miss you respect but please argone can you just answer to my question ?

When i ask a question you answer me with another question. It's really frustrating !
    ask me all your questions at once so I do not wait for your answers one by one.

I am a professional, my client is expecting her website, so help me correctly please.
    Thanks again.

I tell you again

When i click on a work for example "Home => Le Bureau => Les concepts => Cook My Records", the header of the work "Cook My Records" is not the good header. It must be the header of "Le bureau" => header('bureau')

1st Question: how can i affect the good header with the good work ? Ive sorted the work by portfolio categories. Can i display my works depending the portfolio categories ?

2nd Question: Can i manage 2 sliders banners with small images "Recent Work" type by sorting the "portfolio category"

Thanks again Argone but please answer me quickly my clients must be delivered on time. I've lost a lot of time.

sangana

• edited December 2013 Posts: 493
    Hi,

About portfolio categories:

Open Menu tab in Appearance menu of WordPress. At the left you have "Portfolio categories" tab. There you can choose category of works.

About header i think that you need customization of breadcrumbs into our theme. Affecting header you need is not possible at all like you need it.

about section recent works:

you have to open file front-page.php. Then find line 79 - its begining of latest work section :
    <?php if ($posts_per_page > 0): ?>
        <div id="latest_works">
            <h2 class="module_title no_content_font"><?php echo __('Latest works', TPL_SLUG) ?></h2>
    Copy full section and into query about posts add category which you need:
    $args = array('post_type' => 'portfolio', 'posts_per_page' => $posts_per_page);
    Kind regards

PS. If you need more detailed description please catch me and i will try to help you
    Post edited by Argone on
  • Thanks Again Argone.. But when i want sort project with categories attributes, it doenst work ;(

$args = array('post_type' => 'portfolio', 'category'=>'category_name', 'posts_per_page' => $posts_per_page);

It seems it dont recognize the "portfolio categories"... ive tried with the Cat Id => Doesnt work better.

My portfolio categories are:" Les projets clients (projets-clients) " & " Les concepts (les-concepts)". In my BackOffice when i click on a category of the portfolio i see the Tag_id in the url => 7 & 8...

I duno if its the good ids.. If is it, why it doesnt work ???  

Please give me the code for looping correctly...

Thanks again. 

sangana. 

• Hello Argone,

can you answer to me ???
    Hi Sangana,

Please try to insert single category in args line.

For better understanding:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/get_posts

Kind regards