Before you ask please READ THIS

Headers: font character set

edited December 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 2
Hey, I'd love to deploy beautiful Skyfashion theme to a client's site, but I have some trouble with the fonts.

I use default font settings on a fresh wordpress installation, it seems it's Oswald for main menu, Merriweather for the smaller ones. There's a problem with some non-ascii characters for my language (Ś, Ć, Ż, Ź, Ń, ...). I know that the fonts themself contain those characters and appending "&subset=latin,latin-ext" to google fonts URL solves the problem. However, I can't see the easy way to do this.
The screenshots show the problem with letter "Ś" and expected look after the fix.

My question is what would be preferred way to include latin-ext character subset in google fonts link? I would like to be able to update the theme at any time and not lose changes (not to change core theme files myself). Thanks!
current-look.png
284 x 148 - 3K
current-look-2.png
247 x 150 - 3K
expected-look.png
336 x 172 - 3K

Comments

Hi taurit,

You have to set in Site options > fonts a custom link to your font. As I see you need to add polish fonts so link will look like that:

http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald&subset=latin,latin-ext

When you are choosin font in google fonts you need to add check option for "Latin extended".

Kind regards
  • Thanks for your help, I have misunderstood how this part of admin panel works. Now all is fine with 'custom font' and 'CSS font family' set.

Best regards,
    Paweł