Before you ask please READ THIS

Fixed Header Off - Cutting Of Top of LayerSlider

edited December 2013 in Superior Posts: 8
Hello, love the theme and we are almost done customizing it... however, I am not a big fan of fixed headers as they just seem a little jerky still to me. So I want to disable the fixed header. I see where the option is in the admin panel, however, when I do this then the LayerSlider is cut off at the top. And so are all the pages and blog... the top part is cut off. I have attached picture of example... I am assuming it is because my logo is taller than your original one is.... Is there some CSS I can apply to fix this? I don't want to make my logo any smaller. (http://okaymarketing.com) Thanks!
Untitled.png
1277 x 648 - 188K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Logo size shouldn't affect work of header. I will check it cause it may issue in theme. Till that time you can activate fixed header to make it work proper.

Btw. What browser and machine you use that you see it as jerky?

With regards.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 8
    Running Windows 8, 12GB ram... Have tested it under Chrome, IE11, latest version of Mozilla Firefox. Its not jerky per say, just not butter smooth. I have never seen a stick header butter smooth before and that is why I am wanting to disable it. I don't like the distraction of that animation whenever you scroll up and down a lot. Can you please look into this issue? This is the only downside I have found so far :) Once you fix this issue I will give you 5 star rating and perhaps buy you a cup of coffee :). Thanks!
    Post edited by brianleejackson on
  • AirAir
    edited December 2013 Posts: 10,970
    brianleejackson said: Running Windows 8, 12GB ram
    Wow, I wish I will get such machine soon. Now I work on Vista 3 GB
    brianleejackson said: Its not jerky per say, just not butter smooth.
    I wonder how great your visual powers are :-) Maybe slower animation will satisfy you more. Anyway I believe there is limit in every browser of max FPS and it is around 60 FPS(refresh every 15ms). Human eye should only notice difference up to ~27FPS(that what they say, write ;-) )
    brianleejackson said: I don't like the distraction of that animation whenever you scroll up and down a lot.
    Do you even focus while scrolling so much to get distracted?
    Situation you write about is only annoying place I heard of, but fixed header have different purpose - to make life of YOUR USERS easier. I believe your site is not for scrolling but to get informations, right?:-)
    One very important thing is to remember that your site is not for you, but for your users.
    Anyway we understand that not every page will benefit from fixed header that is why we allow to turn it off.
    I write all of this just to let you make choice while having more informations:-)
    brianleejackson said: Can you please look into this issue?
    Issue is fixed, it will be released after Christmas in next update.
    brianleejackson said: Once you fix this issue I will give you 5 star rating
    Without this fix theme doesn't deserve 5 star rating?;-)
    brianleejackson said: and perhaps buy you a cup of coffee :)
    No need:-) Thanks for reporting this issue!

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thanks :) I guess I am picky, but definitely appreciate the fix. And yes, it does deserve 5 star rating with out it. Just gave you 5 stars and sent you some coffee money. I appreciate the help.
  • AirAir
    Thanks a lot! I will reply here when update will be ready to download from ThemeForest.

With regards.