Before you ask please READ THIS

Create unique menus for set of pages

edited December 2013 in Superior Posts: 66
Hi, i have to create 6 different menus for set of internal pages, apart from main menu and footer menu

In themeforest, you indicated i shoud achieve this by using the child theme.

Do you have a tutorial or some guides to help me through? I have no idea how to use the child theme

Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    roquelage said: In themeforest, you indicated i shoud achieve this by using the child theme.
    What? Where?:-)

Only thing you can get is Children nav in sidebar in every page. This is how http://apollo13.eu/docs/superior/#!/children_navigation

With regards.
  • A2) You can create the children navigation like here: http://superior.theme.apollo13.eu/shortcodes/accordions-tabs-faq/ to create unique menus for each page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc7fk4ozts70c1q/Captura de pantalla 2013-12-25 21.28.50.png

Maybe i didnt expressed correctly what i was saying,was that i wanted to know how to, as you indicated in answer2: create unique menus like the one in the link, for each page

Thanks!
  • Aaargh, now i understand what you said....i was confused with the "children" word, when i read that on themeforest

This is not what i really wanted, because i wanted to use some menu items as separator in between those subelements.

For example:
    +CHILDREN AND TEENS
    -SEVILLA (separator # no link)
    Courses
    Prices
    -Cadiz (separator # no link)
    Courses
    Prices

Do you know how could this be achieved?

Thank you again!
  • AirAir
    I believe you will be able to make such thing when we will add unlimited sidebars option. Then you could add new menu to every sidebar using menu widget. Will this satisfy you?(And there are tricks to make unclickable links in WP menu)

We will add this probably in next update, cause we won't make it for tomorrow update.

With regards.
  • Of course, with custom sidebars i will sure be able to acomplish that and i will be satisfied.

Will this sidebar menu look as the children navigation? Is really awesome

It is possible to show the Parent above all children with this menu?

How many days do you think we will have to wait for that update?

Thanks
  • AirAir
    roquelage said: Will this sidebar menu look as the children navigation?
    Custom menu widget is available in theme now. You can check, but it looks the same:-)
    roquelage said: It is possible to show the Parent above all children with this menu?
    Not now. I will check is it safe and logic to add such option.
    roquelage said: How many days do you think we will have to wait for that update?
    For now we plan to release updates every Friday. Of course if feature wont be ready till Friday we will hold update as long as will be needed:-)

With regards.
  • Do you think then that custom sidebars will be available next friday?

Thanks!
  • AirAir
    edited December 2013 Posts: 10,970
    I believe I answered you.
    Air said: We will add this probably in next update, cause we won't make it for tomorrow update.
    Air said: For now we plan to release updates every Friday. Of course if feature wont be ready till Friday we will hold update as long as will be needed:-)
    With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Update 1.4 is ready for download:-)
  • Sidebars not only did the trick...i was able to go further!!! Thanks

You can mark this as resolved!!!!