Before you ask please READ THIS

Double Title Tag

edited December 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 30
Hi!

I just realized, that in the browser tab and in search results on google my site has two titles displayed.
It should be: "Kevin Schünemann Lifestylefotografie | Offizielle Homepage" but instead I get this:
"Kevin Schünemann LifestylefotografieKevin Schünemann Lifestylefotografie | Offizielle Homepage"

As you can see somehow "Kevin Schünemann Lifestylefotografie" is added before my actual site title.
I googled the problem and found some solutions with changing the header.php or the functions.php.
But before I do something in the code I wanted to ask you for help.
I really can't find out from where this title is added (a plugin, Wordpress Configuration etc.)

Link to my site: http://www.kevin-schuenemann.de/

Hope you can help.

with regards
Kevin

Comments

• edited January 2014 Posts: 30
    Alright I just solved it. For anyone with the same problem here is my solution:

In the header.php you should have something like this: wp_title( '|', true, 'right' );
    Now just change true to false and you get rid of the second title, that is given by wordpress I guess.
    I am usig the Premium SEO Plugin. But I herad of same issues with Yoast for example.

cheers
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Hi there!

Thanks for posting solution to this. For some reason SEO plugins stuck in here sometimes. I will check it out. Thanks for reporting this!

With regards.