Before you ask please READ THIS

Problems with LayerSlider

edited January 2014 in Superior Posts: 6
LayerSlider seems to have a problem when editing slides, you can import the slides, and they work; but if you attempt to edit the slides you will get a blank page, this also happens when create a new slide, the slide is created but the end result is a blank page. I noticed on the LayerSlider support page that they released an update 5.0.1 on December 29. Are you planning to update your version? because as it stands right now, you cannot edit any slides once they are created/imported.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Yes, we will add to next update after or during weekend:-)
    If you have access to this plugin independent of our theme then you can install it with no problem.

With regards.
  • Thank you Air, I appreciate the quick response. Another thing that is driving me crazy is the Plugin Update notification icon, there is a 1 next to my Plugins and it will not go away, if I deactive your theme and remove the Apollo 13 Shortcodes it goes away, so I know it's tied to one of the plugins your theme is using. However if I attempt to check for updates it says there isn't any.
  • AirAir
    This cause of page builder. I understand your frustration with that.
    Unlucky right after release of our theme there was huge update of that page builder and it was incompatible with our changes. We will fix it, but for now we have more important updates that gives some new features instead of wasting time to fix this little annoying thing. But we will do it:-)

With regards.
  • Air, just wanted you to know this is not a problem with your theme, but a problem with the LayerSlider Plugin. I purchased the plugin just to rule out the possibility, and find that even with 5.0.1 when attempting to visit admin.php?page=layerslider&action=edit&id=# (where # is the number of the slider), we get a blank page. I have requested support from Kreatura regarding this problem.
  • AirAir
    Thank for info axcessinternet . From my short experience with LayerSlider I see it is very heavy and can make browser and server lag, but maybe here it is some other small issue. Maybe conflict with other plugin or just with server configuration. Hope you will get your solution :-)

With regards.
  • Air, just wanted to let you know I received a response from Kreatura, regarding this issue, you might want to make your customers aware of this problem:

kreatura AUTHOR 22 hours ago:

Thank you for your time to look into this. The issue occurs in an external library, which we are planning to drop from LayerSlider in our next update. That should fix the problem you are experiencing.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info! Problems in software happens all the time but lets hope for better future ;-)

With regards.