Before you ask please READ THIS

disable or block the automatic responsiveness

edited January 2014 in Spaceship Posts: 42
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to disable or block the automatic responsiveness of the website?

I would like the website to look the same as well on iPad and mobile devices as the computer, because in my humble opinion it would improve the look of the site (though the reader would have to use two fingers to zoom where needed). Is it possible to easily change this future or is it complicated to remove the responsive feature?

If needed I can pay for the change.

Thanks in advance for your help

Pascal

link http://www.FedericoSoldati.com

Comments

• AirAir
    edited January 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello

I will give it a try to describe needed changes:

From style.css find line
    @media only screen and (max-width: 900px)
    and remove all up to line
    @media print { (don't delete this line)

From header.php remove line
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no" />

From js/script.js remove such lines

A13.layoutResize();
                //bind before any other element will bind its event
                $(window).resize(A13.layoutResize);
    That should be all but I don't guarantee.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 42
    Thank you very much! It work very well =)

Is possible to disable the autofit of the menu? Thanks
    Post edited by PascalPavan on
  • AirAir
    JavaScript change I mentioned should cover that. Show me what you got for now.

With regards.
  • Hi, thank you for your support, I appreciate it. Right now the website appears on mobile phones the same way like on computers. That's great. Nevertheless the only problem is that when I zoom with two fingers on the text of one page, the text and pictures get bigger as supposed, but the menu keeps autofitting to the screen, thus occupying a lot of space and making the reading experience very uncomfortable. I attach you some pictures of the "zoomed" text on my iPhone. What I wish that should happen is that the menu bar doesn't autofit and doesn't resize when I zoom on one part of the page. It should stay steady.

It is working as a charm, for example, on your demo on themeforest. If I open the live demo with my phone, the website is not responsive because there is the themeforest frame on top that somehow disable the responsiveness. Moreover the menu doesn't resize or autofit when zooming on the website on the mobile. Please have a look to the attached pics. That's exactly what I would like to happen on my website too.

Obviously If I remove the themeforest frame by pressing the X, then the website gets responsive.

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Pascal
    foto (1).PNG
    640 x 1136 - 183K
    foto (2).PNG
    640 x 1136 - 145K
    foto (3).PNG
    640 x 1136 - 80K
    foto (4).PNG
    640 x 1136 - 57K
    foto.PNG
    1136 x 640 - 188K
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Thanks for description and screen shots. What I wanted is live link so I could see what is happening and test it.

With regards.
  • Hi, thank you very much for your answer. If you want to test the situation personally just access with a mobile phone www.federicosoldati.com/biografia or any other page in the website and try to zoom on the text.
    As you are zooming on the text you will notice that the menu bar autofits itself over and over again (as a result you will get a bigger menu bar like in the attachment that I sent you in my previous message).
    This doesn't happen when you access the live demo of your theme trough themeforest with a cell phone. Try it and you will see that if you don't remove the themeforest frame you will be able to surf your demo site without responsive mode. You will also be able to zoom on text and the menu bar won't try to resize over and over again to autofit the screen.

I really hope you can help me to fix this. Thanks!

Pascal
  • AirAir
    Some things:
    PascalPavan said: This doesn't happen when you access the live demo of your theme trough themeforest with a cell phone. Try it and you will see that if you don't remove the themeforest frame you will be able to surf your demo site without responsive mode. You will also be able to zoom on text and the menu bar won't try to resize over and over again to autofit the screen.
    What that have to do with your customization of theme? This is not a question, please don't try to answer it:-) I understand that you treat it as option of solving what you wish but it is not, so no need to describe it again. Link was all I asked for:-)
    PascalPavan said: I really hope you can help me to fix this.
    Fix? There is no fix, it is customization you asked for, and it may have solution or not. Terminology is important cause it gives others bad ideas.

END OF OFFTOPIC. Back to subject:-)

I see you haven't switched to uncompressed style http://apollo13.eu/docs/spaceship/#!/advance_menu_use_compressed_js_amp_css so even you made modification in style.css it doesn't affect theme now. Please change this and come back to me with results about it. It still may be not as it should and we will have to turn header from fixed one to scrolling, but first do that:-)

With regards.

• Hi!

I tried to make some changes but I'm not able to deactivate the autofitting!

I have uncompressed the CSS and the .js .

Now what I have to do?

Because now my site still autofit.

Regards
  • AirAir
    PascalPavan said:
    I have uncompressed the CSS and the .js .
    Nope, you are still using compressed version.

With regards.
  • So I think I don't know how can I uncompress the CSS.

Can you explain how can I do it?

Thanks
  • AirAir
    1. Have you changed options I mentioned before to uncompressed?
    2. Do you have any cache plugins - they may keep old settings.

With regards.