Before you ask please READ THIS

960gs layout instead of 1080px

edited January 2014 in Superior Posts: 1
Hi, Apollo13. I’m using a child theme now. Tell me please, how can I use 960px max-width instead of 1080px?

I want to do my site width 960px but with opportunity to make full width elements Ex. sliders, parallax blocks etc. and witout losing an adaptivity. In this case boxed layout included to Superior is not for me.
Site is on local server now.

Can you help me?

P.S. I know html, and CSS and wordpress theme structure. Also I know how to use child themes. I just want you to help me because you know your theme better.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there parfilov

Mainly all places that have to be changed are described in style.css by 1080px comment or value, but lets try together. If we will do it well then I will think about adding such option to theme. Of course in reasonable range :-)

As for current version(1.4) there have to be changed such things to make layout 960px max-wdith:
    (below changes can be added in child theme css or Custom CSS field)
    overwrites of style.css
    #content, .foot-widget-content,
    header .head,
    .top-bar-container .top-bar,
    .header-bar .in,
    .full-width-elements .a13_row_container,/* if not full width*/
    .full-width-elements .vc_row-fluid{
    max-width: 960px;
    }
    .header-tools{
    max-width: 815px;/*960-145*/
    }
    That is probably all, but it would require testing.

There is also wordpress important variable(important for embeded movies) $content_width. In advance/utilities.php line ~430 there is now such thing$content_width = 1080;. Either overwrite this function in child theme or change it in main theme to $content_width = 960;.

However currently in version 1.5 I am rebuilding this function cause we are adding support for woocommerce, so after update you will have to keep this in mind:-)

I hope it is all.

With regards.