Before you ask please READ THIS

Beach Please Theme Not Working....Please help!

edited January 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 16
Hi there,

I have been trying to get my website updated to the beach please theme for some time now (although have been on holidays in the meantime too) and I am really struggling.

I have tried numerous times to upload/import the sample data file - so as to try to learn how to do it all based on the samples....but every time I try to upload I get this:
"Import WordPress
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1095490 bytes) in /home/smhdzine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers.php on line 66"

I am having heaps of trouble with my Nav bar not working, as down the left hand side there are 4 page names; home, portfolio, recommendations, blog" with 2 fields and no name...and I cannot find for the life of me where these pages are to update or rename - and how to get rid of the 2 links in the side navigation bar that have no value.
update - found where they are to rename them and shuffle their order, but you'll notice some don't go anywhere?
How can I do this? I thought it was normally via the 'pages' section, however this is not working for me.

Can anyone please help me out - my website is www.smhdzines.com

Thanks
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• AirAir
    edited January 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello there:-)

I see you have two similar topic since November and you didn't continue them. Why?
    smhdzines said: I have tried numerous times to upload/import the sample data file - so as to try to learn how to do it all based on the samples....but every time I try to upload I get this:
    "Import WordPress
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1095490 bytes) in /home/smhdzine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers.php on line 66"
    I think it is limit of your server so you should rather give up trying with install demo data, or change hosting. I know it is not good message, but it is not worth it that you keep getting annoyed by this:-)
    smhdzines said: I am having heaps of trouble with my Nav bar not working
    For this one you should start new topic as this is other case.
    smhdzines said: as down the left hand side there are 4 page names; home, portfolio, recommendations, blog" with 2 fields and no name
    Please post screen shot or describe it further cause I don't get it and or your page are different pages.
    smhdzines said: update - found where they are to rename them and shuffle their order, but you'll notice some don't go anywhere?
    How can I do this? I thought it was normally via the 'pages' section, however this is not working for me.
    Still I don't understand what you mean, sorry:-S

Please check this movie about managing menus in Wordpress

Hope this will make your work easier.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thanks for your reply - I am having some issues with my hosting co so I dare say that the import of sample data relates to that!

I have been able to sort out my menus now - thanks for that tutorial it did help - and i was able to find others that helped also.

I have a new topic about permalinks if you can get back to me I would be very appreciative :-)

Cheers