Before you ask please READ THIS

How to edit permalinks

edited January 2014 in Superior Posts: 16
Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone knew how to edit permalinks so that when people are looking at my site they don't see the url as being for example ' www.mydomain.com/profile-2' - I have had a few bugs and issues with some of the pages and have found I have needed to delete them and start again (things like the text completely disappearing from the page) - so it seems easier to just start again.

I note that there is an 'edit button next to the link when you are editing that particular page (see attachment 1 [permalinks]) - but it doesn't seem to actually stay to the changed version once I change.

http://support.apollo13.eu/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/41/f5d025892573abf068bbfa642aead6.jpg

so when you are on my actual website it shows this (file: urlname) :

http://support.apollo13.eu/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/52/91a569ca2ba74e959b1d5f3766afb9.jpg

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers
Sarah
permalinks.jpg
652 x 185 - 73K
URLname.JPG
344 x 35 - 23K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    smhdzines said: I note that there is an 'edit button next to the link when you are editing that particular page (see attachment 1 [permalinks]) - but it doesn't seem to actually stay to the changed version once I change.
    Cause you need to save post after edit AND be sure that such permalink doesn't exist anywhere else.

With regards.
  • That doesn't work? - I have tried editing it and then saving it - i have also tried editing it and then updating the page - nothing works.

so is there any other way?
  • AirAir
    You will just have to do it right :-) that is the only way. Make sure you don't have any notices from WP, or there isn't any page with permalink you want to use. Check also in trash. If this still doesn't help you then please reply here again.

With regards.
  • Ok finally got it to work! Yes the problem was in the trash! Never thought that it could have impacted the pages!
    Thanks so much for your help! :-)