Before you ask please READ THIS

How to add menu icons

edited January 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 16
Hi there,

Another thing I am having huge troubles with - adding the icons on the menu! I have read the documentation and it only states this "Menu icon - You can see available icons at Font Awesome. You have to use code of icon that looks like icon-medkit. To add more icons separate them with white space."

I went to the linked place - font awesome and tried to figure out how to add them and used the codes like this for my page (under that particular page where it asks for the icon).

I tried: icon-fa-quote
icon-quote
icon-fa-quote-left

I wondered if the html is already written into the of the html but again - I am fairly beginner level at this and am struggling.

Can you please tell me how to do this - and consider adding something like that to the documentation - I feel like such a dummy asking so many questions! Great for learning but frustrating that I seem to be having so much trouble!

Sarah
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Be sure you have activated icons in theme http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/appearance_menu_customize_header_and_footer

Also check if you don't have any cache plugin

And also share live link next time.

I wouldn't blame theme, cause as beginner you make lots of simple mistakes like for example you write last two topics in wrong category and didn't fix it. Just think out of the box ;-) (joke)

With regards.
  • Hi there,
    No idea what you mean by adding them to the wrong topics? I thought you just posted under all discussions?
    As for making sure they are enabled....I have them enabled - as per screen shot
    http://support.apollo13.eu/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/8e/e5eba643145b84ed9eff149f1481f7.jpg

What do you mean by this:
    "Also check if you don't have any cache plugin"

I just thought when I took on the theme the icons were a standard part? as they are shown in the live display - can you explain what the above means or how I can check it - or add the cache plugin if i need to.

yes simple mistakes - and I am learning - so I am grateful for being able to ask questions. But the last time I had a theme from themeforest all this stuff was included in the documentation or was easier to enable.

Your help is appreciated :-)
    menu_icon_enabled.JPG
    1386 x 395 - 163K
  • AirAir
    smhdzines said: No idea what you mean by adding them to the wrong topics? I thought you just posted under all discussions?
    Do you won Superior Theme or have questions about it? I think not, but you posted in Superior category:-)
    smhdzines said: As for making sure they are enabled....I have them enabled - as per screen shot
    http://support.apollo13.eu/utility/thumbnail/FileUpload/8e/e5eba643145b84ed9eff149f1481f7.jpg
    Can you see anything on this screen shot?:-)
    smhdzines said: What do you mean by this:
    "Also check if you don't have any cache plugin"
    If you don't know then it doesn't matter.
    smhdzines said: I just thought when I took on the theme the icons were a standard part?
    They are.

--
    OK so instead of all that talking around problem, lets focus....
    ENLIGHTMENT!
    I see that font-awsome has changed their codes and that is why nothing is working for you. Use codes from here http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/3.2.1/icons/ to get proper ones. I will fix it in next version somehow.

With regards.
  • hiya,
    thanks i was able to work it out with the help of another friend to work it all out - again its cool i have someone to ask - but otherwise if it was in the documentation would be pretty cool :-)

thanks for your help and sorry i posted in the wrong place!

S
  • Same problem!
    It is not working for me as well.

There is no Cache Plugin installed

Also, the menu description is also not working
    Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 7.39.38 pm.png
    265 x 409 - 19K
    Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 7.40.44 pm.png
    761 x 271 - 34K
    Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 7.40.02 pm.png
    983 x 391 - 84K
  • AirAir
    Live link please.

With regards.
  • Oh! I am really sorry!
    This is the link to the website.
    http://www.khagta.com
  • AirAir
    In source I don't see even icon used. Have you tried adding it on other main page(however I see that all other main pages lead to different site)?

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • I figured it out, but is there any way to add icons to the menu linking to other websites. I have my photo archive and portfolio on a different location so it would be great if I could do that.

Thanks and regards
  • AirAir
    Unfortunately there isn't, sorry.

With regards.