Before you ask please READ THIS

Twitter Widget Pro not updating

edited February 2014 in Superior Posts: 20
Hi there, I wonder if you can help. The Twitter widget plugin is not updating with my latest tweets. It seems to be a common problem with that plugin from reading about it on the wordpress forums. I would be happy to use another plugin but I want to keep the feed styling that I've got. Can you help?

The site is: http://consultancy-hub.com/

You can see the twitter feed on the right hand side, below latest posts.

The twitter account is @ConsultancyHub

Thanks,

Amy

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    SirenDigitalUK said: It seems to be a common problem with that plugin from reading about it on the wordpress forums
    Can you share a link about it?
    SirenDigitalUK said: I would be happy to use another plugin but I want to keep the feed styling that I've got
    I am not aware of any and this is first time I hear about such issue with this plugin. It would be better to ask plugin author to fix it:-) But first show me link about this issue.

With regards.
  • Hi Air, I'm having the same issue. Thw Twitter widget pro is not updating with last tweets.
    This link is about it: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/stopped-updating-tweets
    Maybe there are conflicts with other plugins? Any suggestion?
  • AirAir
    Hi there
    nf_michela said: Maybe there are conflicts with other plugins?
    Have you tried switching them off?

Have you tried solution proposed in topic you have linked?
    I am not author of this plugin, I only styled it so it looks good with our theme, so I have no solution for you, as I don't encounter this issue.

If twitter wouldn't make such drastic change in their API then there wouldn't be need for plugins;-) But it is past.

You can test other plugins for twitter that have build in widget for sidebar.
    If you will find anything nice then I could try to make it look good with our theme:-)

With regards.
  • I tried to switch off other plugins but twitter widget pro doesn't work yet.
    Now, I'm installing this plugin on another wp installation with another theme and I'll let you know soon.
    Bye!
  • hi,
    the twitter widget pro doesn't work on wp installation with superior theme (www.culinaria .it/index.php) but it works fine on another wp installation with another theme (www.necessitafotografica .it/pace/). the links show you the same twitter stream. so, I think that this plugin conflicts with some superior's theme settings :(
    what do you think about it?
    michela
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Nope, it doesn't necessary mean that there is conflict with superior theme(however it is possible). It only tells that on one instllation it works and not on other one ;-)
    Try:
    1. Switching theme on problematic installation.
    2. Reinstall plugin Widget Pro.
    3. Try activating superior theme on good installation.

With regards.
  • I'm sorry because I noticed that the wp installation on which twitter widget pro works isn't the latest version (3.8.1). So maybe the widget doesn't support the new wp version :/
    I'm gonna try other plugins or contact twitter widget pro support.
    Let me tell you are unique and you support is precious!
    thank you!!!
  • AirAir
    Thanks for kind words:-)
    I Don't think it is cause of WP. If I could see this issue in my installation then it would be easier to find out what is going on.
    Hope we could solve your issue :-)

With regards.