Before you ask please READ THIS

Airborn wordpress issues

edited October 2011 in Airborn Posts: 9
Hi there

First of all, thanks for putting together the wordpress theme airborn, it looks great :)

I've been having a few issues with the theme though - could you help?

1. The preview homepage shows a grey three columned area under the slider (Made with passion, Made with skills, Made with standards). I've tried using the Column 33% option and adding images of the same size, but the grey background only stays at one line in height - how can I get it to extend below the images and captions, as per the preview?

2. I've set up the homepage to show the latest blog articles as excerpts, but I can't seem to create the 'Blog' page that shows the latest 10 blog posts, as in the preview (http://themes.apollo13.eu/airborn/blog/) . I've tried using the Right and Left Sidebar layouts but they're not pulling in the posts. Can you help?

Thanks

Danny
Post edited by danny_t on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi Danny.

Firstly sorry for late reply.

We could help more if you provide some link to project you are writing about, but we will also try without it ;-)

Answers:

1. We have 3 main dimensions of images in Airborn theme, and every image uploaded in theme is resized to these dimensions. It may be done by cropping( depends on image size). Can't think of anything that will help you here, only overwrite image in wp-content/uploads/ or trying other dimensions.

Removing thumbnail in one place (and left it in another) is impossible at this time. We may consider changing this in update version.

2. I suppose that you have to add [clear] shortocde after columns. Can't tell more without look inside your project.

3. You want to see blog as your homepage as in link you provided? Go to WP admin->Airborn->Homepage look->Homepage mid part, and activate Blog/Page option. If you activate Blog/Page option, then what you see on front page depends on settings in Settings->Reading->Front page displays (check Your latest posts )

Hope that helps you :-)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 9
    Hi there

Thanks for the reply. Here's my project site:
    http://www.dannyt.co.uk/

2. I've managed to remove the featured image from the posts so that's sorted.

For the homepage, I used the [clear] option to extend the background of the 3-columned Homepage text part which worked great, but unfortunately it's still the dark grey background and not the light grey as per the preview. Can you help?

3. To clarify, I'm trying to create a separate page from the homepage that looks like the blog page on the preview of the theme, accessed by clicking 'Blog' in the menu (http://themes.apollo13.eu/airborn/blog/) i.e. a page that shows a list of the most recent posts. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

Dan
    Post edited by danny_t on
  • AirAir
    OK, now I see :-)
    It seems that you edited css files, and delete line about this #boxHello
    Go to style-def.css in airborn theme and overwrite line 394 with this
    #boxHello { background:#ebebeb url(common/gfx/theme1/images/shadowhome.png) bottom repeat-x; padding:30px 25px 0px 25px; }

About Creating page Blog:
    1. Create empty page that you wish to use as blog page
    2. go to Settings->Reading->Front page displays
    3. choose 'A static page (select below)'
    4. In 'Posts page:' choose your empty page for blog.

Hope that helps!
  • Hi there

Thanks for the quick response - I don't recall editing that CSS but I've updated it and it's all working so thanks :)

On the blog page, unfortunately that fix changes my homepage - I'd like to keep the homepage as is and create a separate 'blog' page that shows the most recent posts, i.e. have it in addition to the homepage and accessed via the 'Blog' link on the menu, as per the preview. Is this possible?

Thanks

Dan
  • AirAir
    Weird about CSS thing, but good we solved it :-)

About a blog, check my dev page http://demo.csshover.pl/ I use there airborn 'for sale' version and I have exactly what you want :-)

As I said before to achieve this:
    1. Create empty page that you wish to use as blog page
    2. go to Settings->Reading->Front page displays
    3. choose 'A static page (select below)'
    4. In 'Posts page:' choose your empty page for blog created in step 1.

AND

Go to WP admin->Airborn->Homepage look->Homepage mid part, and activate Latest form Blog option.

If I misunderstood you, we will try again ;-)
  • Aha here you go, I did the above, selected static page and chose 'Blog' for both my Front Page and 'Posts' page - so all sorted :)

Thanks again for your help, it's a fantastic looking theme and I'll really enjoy using it for my business in the future.

Dan
  • AirAir
    Ooo now I get it :-) Good we sorted it somehow ;-)
    I hope your work will go smooth from now!
  • AirAir
    Hey there,
    we have small request :-)
    If you like our theme, please rate it on ThemeForest page http://themeforest.net/item/airborn-portfolio-business-wordpress-theme/631512

Thanks a lot!
  • Hi, I know this conversation is a little old but I am having problems with the same topics. This helped me part way through but still can't get it quite right.

In relation to the seperate blog page I have done this but It won't display the page title at the top, just starts with a post. On the sample blog you have a title of "Welcome to AirBlog" and the a subtitle. I have entered the feilds on the page but they just wont display. I noticed danny_t has got his page working how I would like too. Any suggestions from either of you? Sorry, I'm just getting me head around wordpress.
  • AirAir
    Hi emmark.

Little help http://apollo13.eu/docs/airborn/#!/airborn_main_settings -> Blog settings

Hope that helps.
  • Wow, so easy when you now how. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. All good now :)