Before you ask please READ THIS

Contact Form

edited November 2011 in Airborn Posts: 3
First of all, very good template, i am a newbie in WP but within one day managed almost all i wanted thanks to your good documentation.
Just, the contact form is not working somehow for me.... added a site, have chosen the contact template and it appears but it is not working. Tried with entering different emails but never any mail came through - entered the email in the Airborn Homepage look and in my profile settings. Any idea what i do wrong?

Comments

• edited November 2011 Posts: 3
    So after some tests i learned that it is working under IE but not with Firefox...?!?! In case of IE i see the "Success" message next to the contact form and receive messages, using Firefox not.
    Post edited by hyperfox on
  • AirAir
    Hey,

Thanks for reporting that one. It must have broken while adding javascript validation.
    We will fix it in 2 days and release update.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Update is just uploading on theme forest as 1.2.5.1 version. Thanks again for poiting this issue!
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 7
    First of all, a big thumbs up for the Template and pretty decent and helpful documentation.
    I am trying to use the contact form after having completed contact form settings but it still doesn't seem to work.
    I am using WP3.2 with the latest version of your project: 1.2.6 and have tried IE9, Firefox 8.0.1 and latest Chrome without any success.
    I keep getting the Something went wrong message.
    Any idea what do I do wrong?
    Thanks in Advance
    Post edited by mazohack on
  • AirAir
    Hey mazohack. Sorry for late answer, but it you know how it is in weekend ;-)
    It looks like server problem rather then browser/javascript. Do you receive e-mails form wordpress when someone post comment on your blog? If not then for sure problem is somewhere there. Please provide some link to your project.

With regards.
  • Thanks for the help!!! I was using a google apps account and wordpress had to be reconfigured for these settings.

The solution is described here: http://www.marcusnyberg.com/2009/01/11/tutorial-sending-email-from-wordpress-using-google-gmail/

should anyone face the same problem and my guess is that this hack works for any mail provider!

Thanks again for your help!
  • AirAir
    Good we solved it together. Thanks for posting solution:-)
  • Looking deeper through you contact form I noticed that you mention that "All fields are required", however your validators only check for e-mail and message...

To replicate the problem:
    Click the submit form without typing anything.
    Only two of the fields are highlighted...

Could you please guide me how to check for all inputs?

Thanks in advance
  • AirAir
    Yes, all are required, but two(name, subject) have placeholders, and are not empty. E-mail is highlighted cause this placeholder is not valid e-mail. Previously pleceholders where only present till first focus on input, but it was bad since there was no labels in contact form design. I will check is it possible to improve this validation.

With regards.
  • Thank you for your answer.
    However in simpler terms one can send a contact form without filling name and subject.

How can I make sure that all fields are completed before sending the form?

Thanks in advance
  • AirAir
    edited November 2011 Posts: 10,970
    I explained you :-) In simpler terms - script is written this way as I described above, so for now you can't without modification of script for validation.

Question is(that I asked myself while writing validation code) why do you need to force user to type name or subject? If user is interested, he will provide his name or/and subject, but if he is not then instead of typing 'gjdsfhsdjfs' you will just get info that he didn't provide that info. Usability :-)

PS. I understand that 'all fields are required' is not true if you follow my way of thinking, but for script they are required, and can't be empty. Also this push user to provide that informations :-)
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi,
    Where is the file with the lines of the contact form to translate
    -All required fields

Thanks in advance:)
  • AirAir
    Search in advance/airborn.php for 'All fields required' and you can change it there.
    For '...' look few lines above.

With regards.