Before you ask please READ THIS

Theme & Plugin Incompatability Issue

edited February 2014 in Superior Posts: 4
Hi there, I am building a site with the Superior theme which overall is working great. However, on this site I am utilizing a Geo-enabled Map plugin to allow me to interactively list out a map of various restaurant locations. I have been getting an error with the plugin's search function and finally realized it is because it is clashing with the Superior theme's Google map functionality, built for use on the Contact Us page template. I only figured this out by switching to the default 2013 WordPress theme and then the plugin worked fine.

I am trying to figure out a simple solution to disabling ONLY the map functionality of the Apollo 13 shortcodes. Is there a way to comment that out?

For references, this is the plugin I am using: http://codecanyon.net/item/map-list-pro-searchable-google-maps/2620196

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Post edited by ontargetinteractive on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    ontargetinteractive said: I have been getting an error with the plugin's search function
    How does it look? Can you show live link?
    Maybe it is JS error and it is some kind of conflict.
    ontargetinteractive said: I have been getting an error with the plugin's search function and finally realized it is because it is clashing with the Superior theme's Google map functionality, built for use on the Contact Us page template
    I don't know what error you mean but it is unlikely, as it is only call of google map when you show contact page and you have filled details for map. You can delete contact.php and contact2.php files.

With regards.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4
    Yes! Thank you for your reply!
    The live page is located here: http://bit.ly/MfHPDW
    Also attached is how drop down appears for me; I am in Firefox on Mac.
    It drops down but there are no options available, and the "go" (submit) button doesn't do anything so maybe you are right about JS error?

Tried removing the contact.php and contact2.php files but no change.
    Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 5.25.13 PM.png
    1146 x 536 - 163K
    Post edited by ontargetinteractive on
  • AirAir
    OK :-) It is plugin that makes select inputs look better, but in this case something gone wrong...
    Go to js/script.js line ~130 and change this

$('select').not(
    'select#billing_country,' +
    'select#shipping_country')
    .dropkick();
    to

$('select').not(
    'select#billing_country,' +
    'select#distanceSelector,' +
    'select#shipping_country')
    .dropkick();
    Should be better. If not, then remove all that code in first listing:-)

With regards.
  • Thank you! The drop down menu is now appearing correctly, but on "Submit" (with the GO button), nothing happens.
    When inspecting the code, we get the following error:

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery.js:4
    09:29:23.013 GET http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/QuotaService.RecordEvent [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 60ms]
    09:29:28.133 "Geocoding failed: ZERO_RESULTS" maplistfront.js:641
    09:29:29.189 GET http://csi.gstatic.com/csi

See attached screenshot for more.
    I realize this is more than likely all on the side of the Plugin, so I am posting this for them as well but thought I would upload here too and thank you for all your help thus far. Thanks!
    Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 9.30.01 AM.png
    1111 x 563 - 260K
  • AirAir
    Hello Again.

If it does work in default theme then it may be fault of Superior theme, however when I do search in that form, it returns in console Geocoding failed: ZERO_RESULTS, so maybe I give wrong location. I have no clue what should I type there, I wrote Austin.

Hope we will solve it together somehow.

With regards.