Before you ask please READ THIS

parallax not working as it should

edited February 2014 in Superior Posts: 5
Hi there!
First of all congrats for the theme, it is amazing! One small issue though. When I use parallax, regardless the settings, it does not show the whole picture and I do not understand "background position" settings, because it changes almost nothing, meaning it just moves the photo few pixels. I would like the photos to go all the way up. What settings shall I use, what size for the photo is recommended?
Thank you.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited February 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)

You are quite right, I don't understand its whole behaviour either and find hard to get desired results. It is external plugin and from what I can say it all depends on many factors, like:
    -position of block in page
    -size of that block
    -size of background(should be bigger then its block)
    -speed set in paralax(set something close to 0.01 or 0.1)
    -probably also size of browser window

Can you show how does it look now?

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hi,

I'm also having an issue with parallax on the site I'm working on at the moment. Mine seems to be by page (2 pages specifically). Parallax just won't work. I've used different image sizes, speeds, image positions. I've even copied the shortcodes from a page which does work into the new page but still nothing.

Would there be something in the way I've set my page up that would be causing this? (The only thing I've done differently is used a page duplication plug-in as it'ss similar in layout to a page I previously designed). Would I need to trash the whole page and start again? Or is there a quick fix to get it going?

Thanks,
    A

PS. Unfortunately the site is locked down at the moment so I can't share the link - I'd be happy to PM and admin the details to access the front-end if that'd help.
  • AirAir
    Hello

You can PM me, as I can say nothing without looking at live site.

With regards.