Before you ask please READ THIS

Cannot upgrade theme

edited March 2014 in Superior Posts: 19
Hi there, I am having an issue I cannot solve.

The issue is simple I cannot upgrade superior theme. I tried all methods I know, Easy upgrade from wordpress backend, deleting the ftp and uploading the new one... And none of them seem to work.

When i Delete and upload then the theme seem to get broken, nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello
    ivguinea said: the theme seem to get broken, nothing works.
    Could you extend this sentence, cause it tells nothing now. Screen shot, live link would help.

Aster updating have you installed needed plugins? Maybe it is same thing as here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/2059/urgent-site-crashing-updating-theme-version-no-visual-composer-#Item_3

With regards.
    Nop, that is not the reason.

The process is like the one following:

I tried the Easy upgrade plugin and everything seem to work perfectly (i see the upgrading percetange increasing in the bottom left corner), but somehow when it reaches 100% it crushes, it just go the 404 page in the front end and nothing got upgraded in the backend....

Using FTP, i just remove the whole folder and add the upgraded folder and when the process finishes the frontend shows nothing but the logo, meantime the backend seems to work fine.

Weird isn´t it?

• AirAir
    ivguinea said: Using FTP, i just remove the whole folder and add the upgraded folder and when the process finishes the frontend shows nothing but the logo, meantime the backend seems to work fine.
    Sounds like PHP error. Enable debug mode https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG and show me what error you will see.:-)

With regards.

Cool Man, here you go the results

[10-Mar-2014 16:48:07] PHP Notice: Undefined index: action in /home3/oscargui/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-drive/class/backup-class.php on line 14

[10-Mar-2014 16:48:07] PHP Notice: Undefined index: page in /home3/oscargui/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-drive/class/google-oauth-class.php on line 16

[10-Mar-2014 16:48:07] PHP Notice: Undefined index: action in /home3/oscargui/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-drive/class/backup-class.php on line 41

[10-Mar-2014 16:48:07] PHP Notice: Constant WP_POST_REVISIONS already defined in /home3/oscargui/public_html/wp-config.php on line 121

It seems one plugin is not allowing me to upgrade, right?
  • AirAir
    Yup, deactivate your plugins, mainly this google drive one.

With regards.
    Still, not working...

I tried deactivating all plugins but easy uploader.

I will try deactivating all plugins and upgrade via ftp.

Any other ideas?
  • AirAir
    I rethinked it and this is only Notices so this shouldn't prevent update process.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Issue solved.

For others: there was indeed problem with updating theme from admin panel(still not sure why exactly).

However after updating by FTP and installing/updating required by theme plugins everything worked. More info http://apollo13.eu/docs/superior/#!/installation_update_update_theme

With regards.