Before you ask please READ THIS

Hypershot site looks different on IE 11 and dosn't really work

smcsmc
edited April 2014 in Hypershot Posts: 4
Hey,

I setup the site (www.n-images.net) using firefox. On fire fox it works well except for one small issue. It also works on mobile safari (Iphone/Ipad). However, it dose not work on IE 11.

On IE 11 the link colors are wrong (red not blue) the social icons are on the right hand side of screen. The thumbnail button doesn't work. The albums load. Not much works.

Any ideas?

I have version 1.7 of the theme and version 3.9 of WP. I have the following custom css:

/*-- Enter your custom CSS below --*/

#tray-button:before {
content: "Thumbnails";
color:#357EC7;
margin-left: 34px;
}

/* Hiding thumbs */
body.single-album .arrow-left #prev-thumb,
body.single-album .arrow-right #next-thumb{
display: none !important;
}

.info-bar .page-title {
color: #000;
}

.rss-link, #filter-activate{
border-color: #000000;
color: #000;
}

.rss-link, #filter-activate:after{
background-image: url(images/black/controlls.png);
}

#slide-list {
display: none !important;
}
#genre-filter{
display: none!important;
}

I have a number of plugins but disabling them did not help.

Comments

• smcsmc
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4
    I am wondering if it the problem is happening because I have my wordpress directory as www.n-images.net/core and the website URL as www.n-images.net?

Crome works.
    Post edited by smc on
  • smcsmc
    Never mind, I have solved the issue. My IE explore was set to compatibility view. This broke everything.
  • AirAir
    Hello smc!

Thanks for info, I was just scratching my head what could be the issue in your case:-) Are you still facing IE going into compatibility view or if you changed manually to compatibility view ?

With regards.
  • smcsmc
    Hey,

Yes if I add n-images.net to my IE 11 compatibility mode list, the website is no longer displayed properly. The custom css is not used. Some of settings like link color, menu divider color are not implemented and many of the links don't work. When I get a chance I will try compatibility mode on a different computer and see if it also has the same issues.
  • AirAir
    smc said: Yes if I add n-images.net to my IE 11 compatibility mode list
    But did you add it there from start or IE 11 displayed your site in compatibility mode by its own decision ?

I just fired your site on IE 9 and it works well, and if there were problem on site it should also fire compatibility view.
    smc said: When I get a chance I will try compatibility mode on a different computer and see if it also has the same issues.
    No one make pages/themes compatible with "compatibility mode" cause this means that your IE will act as OLD browser http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compatibility_mode

With regards.