Before you ask please READ THIS

How to use Visual Composer on blog page?

edited May 2014 in Superior Posts: 17
I just noticed that I can't change the apparence of the blog page with Visual Composer.
I guess this isn't a bug, since the page I selected to be used as the blog page automatically get styled by some sort of template, and the only way to change the look of things is via Superior Theme > Blog.

How would I go about adding elements to my blog page, just like I can do on any other page?

Comments

Is there, for example, shortcodes for the different "Blog apparence variants" which I can insert on any page?
    Sorry, I figured out how this works! :)

But another question!

When using the Recent Posts shortcode, the thumbnail (which is the same as the posts featured image) is huge. I'd like a big and beautiful image in my post, not in my recent posts list... This is when using the recent posts 1 column layout.
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)
    minor9 said: How would I go about adding elements to my blog page, just like I can do on any other page?
    You can't. You select it only so menu and other hierarchy will work well. You can select some setting there, but content of this page is not used if you mark this page as posts page http://apollo13.eu/docs/superior/#!/adding_frontpage
    minor9 said: Is there, for example, shortcodes for the different "Blog apparence variants" which I can insert on any page?
    There are few options in builder but they don't work exactly as different variants of default blog page.
    minor9 said: When using the Recent Posts shortcode, the thumbnail (which is the same as the posts featured image) is huge.
    As I remember it depends on how many columns you use in shortcode.

With regards.
    I see! Thank you for the answers.

Hmm.. I just want to add a layerslider on top of the blog feed. You don't have to go through all the details, but what would you say is the best way of achieving this?

Could I for example copy the PHP code for one of the post page layouts (the code which shows the recent posts, with pagination) - turn it into a shortcode - then insert that shortcode in Visual Composer? You know what I mean?
  • AirAir
    Turning it in shortcode wont be easy. But you can try. You can also create normal blog page, and edit index.php file and add there layer slider on top :-)

Even by doing something like <?php do_shortcode('[layer_slider_id_or_something]'); ?>.

With regards.
    Awesome, I'll probably figure it out now!

I really appreciate your support, it must be exhausting for you to handle both the theme development and the support. I'm glad I purchased your theme.
  • AirAir
    minor9 said: I really appreciate your support, it must be exhausting for you to handle both the theme development and the support
    You are first person to notice such thing:-) Yes this can get exhausting, but when I met such kind people like you it is getting much nicer:-)

Thank you and have a nice day:-)

With regards.