Before you ask please READ THIS

Recommendation for shop plugin?

edited May 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 111
Hi!

Do you have a recommendation for a (working) shop plugin for Beach Please?
I tried WooCommerce which doesn’t work with Beach Please.
Now I’m using OrillaCart which is actually quite good, but doesn’t work perfectly for me with Beach Please:
- I can’t hide the X on the upper right
- I can’t change the background image of the shop/products
- No chance to change between light and dark theme … well, both the "Page Details" and the "BP Apollo13 Shortcodes" menus actually don’t exist
- The font type of the headlines (< h … >) is different than configured
- No proper shop navigation (okay, can be done with some coding) with an self-updating cart without adding a sidebar (which needs programming skills I don’t have). There is a neet widget, but well: no sidebar on the shop pages in Beach Please
- And it’s just not too beautiful (the area between the "add to cart" button and the product description is too big e.g.)

You can check out my shop (with OrillaCart) here.

So if anyone of you guys uses or knows a beautiful and good working shop plugin or has ideas how to better configure OrillaCart: let me know! :)

Thanks!
Post edited by Tupamaros on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello There:-)

Probably there is no such plugin, as we have to prepare theme for it and test in a lot of situations. That is why themes with support for commerce plugins cost 10-15$ dollars more. We just did our first such theme lately - Fame.

Beach Please Theme will not have official support for Woocommerce or any other, so you can only extend it on you own.

With regards.
    Okay. Thanks for your answer.
    Any ideas why the "Page Details" and the "BP Apollo13 Shortcodes" menus don’t show up in the product editing pages? The editor looks exactly the same as a page or post editor. It’s just the Beach Please menus that are missing.
  • AirAir
    Cause it is for sure different post types, and shortcodes are not defined to shown there. However you can always open page in other tab, and copy all shortcodes you need to product editor - they will still work on front-end.

With regards.