Before you ask please READ THIS

I don’t get "My Works" to work

edited May 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 111
Hi!
I just tried to make my first works list, failed and have no clue why:
- I added a new page
- I did not use the slug I set in works menu (slug = work; new "work list" page = my homepage; I also tried a new page with "works" as permalink)
- I chose "Works list" from the template list
- I published the page

This should all be correct, right?

My problem now is that the "work details" menu as shown in your documentation doesn’t show up. My page that has the "work list" template still only gives me the "page details" menu.

I also don’t have a "My works" menu point in my WP admin sidebar.
"My works" is also activated in "Design -> Menus -> Screen Options". Even though one (for a short time two) of my pages is a "works list", it says in "Design -> Menus -> My Works" that there are no works.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi:-)
    Tupamaros said: This should all be correct, right?
    Sounds so:-)
    Tupamaros said: My problem now is that the "work details" menu as shown in your documentation doesn’t show up. My page that has the "work list" template still only gives me the "page details" menu.
    yes, this is still normal page. You add Works in Works menu.
    Tupamaros said: I also don’t have a "My works" menu point in my WP admin sidebar.
    Are you sure? I personally sometimes miss it in menu :-)
    Tupamaros said: it says in "Design -> Menus -> My Works" that there are no works.
    Yes you have to add them.
    Tupamaros said: What am I doing wrong?
    Overlooked or just some quirk of WP:-) I understand you have followed this http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/adding_works ?

With regards.

I checked my menu items like a berserk and nope: I don’t have it. But well: It finally showed up when I disabled all my plugins – the first thing you should always do, I know. ^^

The plugin that seems to be responsible for the trouble is "Admin username changer" (and it looks like I also don’t need it anymore).

Thanks!

• AirAir
    Ooo thanks for info. Strange that such plugin interacted with our theme in that way. Maybe it has used some constant. Anyway I am glad that it is sorted out now :-)

With regards.