Before you ask please READ THIS

Activate Comments in Pages

edited June 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 111
Hi,

is there an option to activate and deactivate comments on specific pages or in general?

Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    edited June 2014 Posts: 10,970
    This is more Wordpress question then theme:-) But yes. Check Screen options in top right corner in panel(in post) to enable options for comments. In settings, I think Settings->Writing, you also have general switching off comments.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hm, that’s why I posted this question here, hehe. :D

I miss my comments on my pages since I switched to Beach Please. My settings are "pro comments", but they just don’t show up anymore (issue occurs only on pages).
    Here is an example for a page that actually has comments, but doesn’t show them:
    http://www.dennisknickel.com/books/serendipity/tag-37-krieg/

Another strange issue I have since I use Beach Please is that my comments count here and there shows wrong numbers (also in the admin area/"all pages" list).
    For example:
    This post (not page) doesn’t have any comments, even though the first line says it has one: http://www.dennisknickel.com/o-canada-erinnerungen-laeuft-in-toronto/
    Here is an example for a correctly working comments count:
    http://www.dennisknickel.com/curry-competition-das-buch-erscheint-im-januar/

The issues persist with deactivated plugins.

Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Tupamaros said: miss my comments on my pages since I switched to Beach Please
    That is probably cause pages in this theme doesn't have comments:-) I think you will have to edit template page.php and after

<?php
                    wp_link_pages( array(
                            'before' => '<div id="page-links">'.__fe('Pages: '),
                            'after'  => '</div>')
                    );
                ?>
    add such code
    <?php comments_template( '', true ); ?>
    Tupamaros said: Another strange issue I have since I use Beach Please is that my comments count here and there shows wrong numbers
    That is rather strange, cause we don't do anything funky with comments. Please check if on default theme it also shows up wrong.
    I suspect it can be:
    -glitch in WP
    -cache plugin leftovers
    -crazy theme error:-)

With regards.
    Yay! Activating comments on pages works! Thanks!

My strange issue with the comments count doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Beach Please. I tried it with the default theme (freshly uploaded, no changes) and turned off all my plugins: still the same funky numbers. ;)

I’m using W3 Total Cache. I guess that’s a pretty good plugin and doubt that it left any leftovers…?
  • AirAir
    Tupamaros said: I’m using W3 Total Cache. I guess that’s a pretty good plugin and doubt that it left any leftovers…?
    I had so many topics here, cause of this plugin:-) Try clearing its cache, there is some special button for it somewhere.
    I don't say it is not good, it just one of those plugins that generates topics here;-) I will have to take a look at it someday:-)

With regards.
    Hehe…
    I’m acutally pressing that magic button regularly, but I also don’t really know if my settings are the optimal ones. :D