Before you ask please READ THIS

Video within the Portfolio Options (Works)

edited June 2014 in Superior Posts: 66
I have a membership website (www.ChristianBusinessAcademy.com) and am trying to organize the premium content. Currently I created a blog category specific for the member content so I can add a "Recent Posts" module on my membership page. However, since they are posts, they show up under the blog as well which people really can't see since they have to log in to see those posts.

I'm wondering if it would make more sense to have the videos under the portfolio instead but as I was looking through the portfolio of the demo site, I didn't find any that had videos on them. Is it possible to add videos under the portfolio so when you click on the portfolio image, it will open up the single portfolio item which would be a video instead of the image again?

Also, I noticed the "similar works" beneath the portfolio items. How are those selected as being similar? Is it by category?

Ultimately, I want to create something like "Marketing Videos" category and when someone clicks on a specific video in that category, it would show other trainings that fell into the "Marketing Videos" category rather than just random portfolio items.

I've attached an image of the current membership training setup, but don't know if using the portfolio options would be better.

Would Portfolio allow me to achieve what I've specified?
Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 3.53.09 PM.png
1171 x 495 - 306K

Comments

• AirAir
    AlexNavas said: Is it possible to add videos under the portfolio so when you click on the portfolio image, it will open up the single portfolio item which would be a video instead of the image again?
    Yes, cause as media you can either add images or videos.
    AlexNavas said: Also, I noticed the "similar works" beneath the portfolio items. How are those selected as being similar? Is it by category?
    Yes. If you wont add multi categories for one item then you can be sure it will work as expected.

I think you will know more with experimenting then with writing this post;-)
    Good luck!

With regards.