Before you ask please READ THIS

target _blank on custom fields links...

edited June 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 21
I promise this is my last post for today.

I guess everything is in the title : is it possible to open link in a new tab or window ?
i'm talking about links in meta fields on work page, and also alternative links on galleries.

If it needs to add some _target blank in the code, please tell me where !

Than i hope i won't have to ask you anything, i don't want to abuse on your nice support!!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Meta fileds:
    file single-work.php, line 58
    if(sizeof($pieces) == 1){
                                    $fields .= '<span>'.make_clickable($temp).'</span>';
                                }
                                else{
                                    $fields .= '<span><em>'.$pieces[0].'</em>'.make_clickable($pieces[1]).'</span>';
                                }
    Instead of make_clickable you will have to use own code.

Galleries:
    file galleires-list.php, line 103
    echo '<a class="g-item" href="'.esc_url(get_permalink()).'" id="gallery-' . get_the_ID() . '" ' . $genre_string . '>';
    You will have to detect if alternative link is used and add your param then.

With regards.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 21
    That's exactly what i was looking for :

this is the working code in single-work.php on line 58 :

if(sizeof($pieces) == 1){
                                    $fields .= '<span>'.make_clickable($temp).'</span>';
                                }
                                else{
                                    $fields .= '<span><em>'.$pieces[0].'</em>'.links_add_target(make_clickable($pieces[1])).'</span>';
                                }

and the one for the galleries-list.php on line 103:

echo '<a class="g-item" href="'.esc_url(get_permalink()).'" target="_blank" id="gallery-' . get_the_ID() . '" ' . $genre_string . '>';

Advice for people who's using thoses codes : don't forget to save thos files in case of update, and check the changelog !

Thanks a lot !
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    :-)
    You can copy changed template to child theme and it will be used instead. Of course if you use child theme.

With regards.