Before you ask please READ THIS

Cant Update Superior Theme - Download not available

edited November 2014 in Superior Posts: 8
When I visit ThemeForest to download the latest theme files for the "Superior Theme", the download no longer exists. I get a message that says "Item No Longer Available" at http://themeforest.net/item/superior-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/gone/6212921

How can I download new theme version
no_longer.JPG
1138 x 526 - 82K
none_here.JPG
782 x 193 - 27K
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• edited March 2015 Posts: 422
    Hello Guys

-----------------
    Superior 2! http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/2964/superior-2-reactivation-of-theme#Item_1
    -----------------

You can download the package from here: http://goo.gl/WylhWF .
    If previous link doesn't work please use this http://apollo13.eu/promo/Superior.zip .
    Please see change log to get important info!

This package contains everything:
    - Latest update,
    - PSD Files,
    - Demo Data
    - Child Theme

and don't worry the support and updates will be still active for this theme!

Demo of Superior theme: You can find it here http://superior.theme.apollo13.eu/

With Regards
    Daniel
    Post edited by Air on
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply and link to latest update.
    Will Superior be returning to Themeforest? This is a great theme!
  • AirAir
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello
    rad76 said: Will Superior be returning to Themeforest? This is a great theme!
    No, Superior theme will no longer will be available on ThemeForest. In few days ThemeForest staff should accept our newest theme that is MUCH better then Superior.
    However you can still use Superior and if there will be any issues with it we will still fix it and release updates.
    I will pin this topic for future reference.

Thanks for all your kind words!

With regards.

EDIT:
    Our new Blame theme can be found here.
    Post edited by Air on
  • This morning Envato sent out an email stating a vulnerability within the revolution slider. Can this be updated to version 4.2 for Superior theme? Also, with the new theme "Blame" that seems to be the replacement for Superior, is there a way to export/import all the page styling, content, menus, categories, posts, pages and settings? I've been building a site on Superior theme for a couple of months and haven't completed the build yet, but don't want to be using an unsupported theme.
  • AirAir
    MakeMeCards said: Can this be updated to version 4.2 for Superior theme?
    It is :-) On that list http://marketblog.envato.com/general/affected-themes/ Superior is listed as safe theme:-) and in latest 1.9.1 version there is Revolution Slider in version 4.5.4 included.
    And if there will be need we will release next updates.
    MakeMeCards said: but don't want to be using an unsupported theme
    But it is fully supported theme :-) We are just not selling any more copies of it.
    MakeMeCards said: Also, with the new theme "Blame" that seems to be the replacement for Superior, is there a way to export/import all the page styling, content, menus, categories, posts, pages and settings?
    It is like with any other theme change. Posts, pages, galleries, works - should be transfered with no problems. Settings of theme - you will have to do it again, like uploading logo for example, or switching colors in menu. If you need test drive with Blame theme, without buying it, contact me via private message here(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message").

With regards.
  • When was the last update release on the theme? I know there's been some updates to revolution slider as well as Visual Composer but there hasn't been an update on Superior in several months. Will one be out soon? They were happening every week or two.
  • AirAir
    Hi there Alex.
    I will divide your post in few questions(cause there are few):
    AlexNavas said: When was the last update release on the theme?
    As I checked in change log it was 17.06.2014 - http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/superior/index.html
    AlexNavas said: I know there's been some updates to revolution slider as well as Visual Composer but there hasn't been an update on Superior in several months.
    Indeed RevoultionSlider and LayerSlider should be updated and I will prepare update with it as soon as possible.

Visual composer however - this plugin is backwards incompatible about what I wrote wider in this comment: http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431/comments?page=287#comment_8029674

We will not update this plugin any more in Superior.

To be honest - Visual composer issues was main reason why we took down Superior theme from ThemeForest market. We released Superior just before they updated their plugin to version 4.0 which was highly incompatible with that what was in 3.7.x versions. We delayed update to 4.0 for few weeks - this how much work and testing it required for us.

Upgrading to 4.0 meant that sites of our clients will look different and probably have broken layout. We had to merge plugins 3.7 with 4.0 to get consistent look, and to face our clients demand to get newest version of Visual composer with theme.
    From that point each update of VC was nightmare, but we kept this under control. But version 4.3.x was next shift in incompatibilities and changed grid system in builder.

Keeping up to date is not always best way to do things :-) But we can't explain this to every customer. For now, we are searching for ways to move away from using VC in our themes, as we don't want to waste more time to catch up with its incompatibilities, but focus on theme features.
    AlexNavas said: They were happening every week or two
    Yes they were, when we was adding things/features that we planed to add before theme release. Also for bug fixes.
    For now we will only release updates for plugins and bug fixes, and now as we see, we are delayed with this update;-)

With regards.
  • Will these changes and updates to Visual Composer be a problem in the future with the new Blame theme too?
  • AirAir
    Hi Alex.

I can say it like this - each update of VC is nightmare for me :-) Cause I really want our customers to be satisfied and lot of time we are getting hits cause of this external plugin. Either in Fame and Blame I will do whatever I can to make each Visual composer version act as it should, even if I will have to write extended instructions for this:-)
    We don't want to remove any more theme cause of external plugins incompatibilities.

One thing is sure - we aren't using Visual composer in any of our new themes, and there is a chance that at some point we will remove it from both Fame and Blame and implement our own solution for builder.

Hope this answers you question.

With regards.
  • Hey, saw there's a new update today. What does this mean: Experimental version with builder VC 4.4.2. To try it download newest version and in zip find "experimental new visual composer"

Is it safe to upgrade? Have a lot of pages using visual composer and don't want to upgrade and lost the settings.
  • AirAir
    Don't worry. Standard installation doesn't use new VC. Download update and read the readme.txt in "experimental new visual composer".

With kind regards.
  • I will give this a try on my site and report back. I would love to see Superior back on Themeforest. It's an amazing theme that I would love to see kept updated. I imagine many people would love to buy it.

Can you post previous version of the theme (even just 1.9.3) in case I have to bring back the previous install with the previous VC if errors show up? I overwrote the files with the new version.

Thanks again for your Superior support!
  • AirAir
    Alex - in file I explained that if you face problems with VC then just reinstall 1.9.4 but without attaching experiment files :-) No need for 1.9.3

With kind regards.
  • Ok, I've updated.

So far, from what I see, here's what is no longer working (some you have already mentioned in instructions)

- Recent blog posts
    - recent works
    - buttons
    - spacing
    - heading

I'm going through VC looking for alternatives. Will post alternatives within VC for reference to other users.
  • Ok, I tried updating but there are several issues. Upon saving, some of the rows stop showing. I tried adjusting margins on certain rows and they didn't save.

For recent blog posts, the best alternative is Post Masonry Grid
    For buttons, use Advanced Button which allows you to choose the styling.
    For headings, use Custom Headings
    Spacing is Empty Space or Separator With Text depending on which you want to use.

I was unable to find an option for recent works.

I'll be reverting back as some of the formatting is not saving. Love the new additions to VC, but it's not playing nice with the theme just yet.

Hoping with my fingers crossed that they'll be able to work together soon. I love Superior and enjoy the new additions to VC.
  • AirAir
    Big thanks for this test AlexNavas :-) Based on your feedback I will try to make some adjustments during the weekend.

Recent works have to be redone for sure, but I don't think it should be big problem, as I can make it on mechanism of Post Masonry Grid.

Can you tell me more about formatting issues, what did you find out? I want to know where to start with that:-)

If you mean styling, then I would like to revert to default VC styling of elements, as restyling them in first versions of Superior is what made lot of issues with later VC updates.

Once again thanks for your time and kindness!
This discussion has been closed.