Before you ask please READ THIS

Changing width of woocommerce shop in Hypershot

edited July 2014 in Hypershot Posts: 28
Okay, I checked the forum search. I checked the woocommerce forums. I tried 3 hours to change the CSS myself but doesn't seem my CSS changes ANYthing, so this forum here is my last resort. It's probably something you can fix in 2 minutes.

Very simple problem:

The woocommerce shop site takes the complete width of the browser on the shop site (http://holgerferoudj.com/shop/) and on the products site (http://holgerferoudj.com/product/white-snow-black-ice/).

For some reason only the shopping cart site (http://holgerferoudj.com/shop/cart/) shows another, smaller frame that does NOT span the width of the whole browser.

All I want to do is to have that "inner frame" for the product pages and shop page, as well.

Also, I believe that because the width on the product/shop pages are the whole browser window width, the images are automatically resized larger than they are and are really blurry.
Ok, but one thing after the other, how can I put that product/shop page in a frame like the cart?

I'm going insane.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Hypershot theme is not compatible with Woocommerce, and was never tested with it.
    Form my experience making such compatibility is not "2 minutes":-)
    I am sorry but I can't help you, this is lot of work, and that is why themes that supports woocoomerce often costs 10-15$ more.

Sorry for not fulfilling your expectations.

With regards.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 28
    Sure, I understand, so... did you have a look at it?
    I'm no expert in CSS, otherwise I wouldn't ask you for help, but it doesn't seem that adjusting the width of a frame is that much trouble - I'm not asking for full compatibility :)

Cheers!
    Post edited by 7188photo on
  • AirAir
    Yes I have seen it, and HTML is wrong - there have to be added content wrappers and it will behave better.

Read this http://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/#section-1 partUsing hooks.

You will have to compare HTML of normal page and what you have on product page, and then in these function add proper beginning and end of HTML.

Good luck with this!

With regards.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 28

Wow, that's exactly the problem I have - thank you for finding this! I compared the wrappers of the working shopping cart (which uses hypershot's page.php) and edited functions.php to include the same wrappers for the woocommerce product and shop page by adding

remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper', 10);
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper_end', 10);
    add_action('woocommerce_before_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_start', 10);
    add_action('woocommerce_after_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_end', 10);
    function my_theme_wrapper_start() {
      echo '<div class="inside clearfix”> <article><section id="main"> ';
    }
    function my_theme_wrapper_end() {
      echo '</section></article> </div>';
    }

This should fix it, according to the description on the link you sent me, but it doesn't. Also, seems like the code is not properly processed serverside because it comes back on the site as php instead html, maybe some glitch in hypershot, I don't know.

I was thinking about having a 3rd party fix it, but since you as developer know hypershot in and out, I wanted to ask you first if it's easily doable to fix hypershot, and if this would take you a lot of time, if you do a paid service to fix it?
    Post edited by Air on
    (and sorry for f$%king that post up - I still don't know how to post lines of code on here in the forum)
  • AirAir
    7188photo said: on the site as php instead html, maybe some glitch in hypershot, I don't know
    If you see code then it comes as HTML ;-) Probably open/close tags mismatch, you will have to check your file. Look for pairs <?php and ?>.

And sorry to disappoint you but we don't do such modification(free or paid) as we don't have time and man power for that. Support and developing new themes takes all our time.

With regards.
  • Ok got it, thanks anyway for answering here and giving pointers - thanks mate! :)