Before you ask please READ THIS

Enter an URL directly in "Logo image for HIGH DPI screen" problem

edited August 2014 in Fame Posts: 7
HI~~ I have a retina logo problem~
I upload a logo image by ftp and enter its URL directly in "Logo image for HIGH DPI screen", but I found that the width of the logo showed in retina screen would be only 112 width (or 86 height.)
I tracked the code.
I found that it's maybe because the logo_image_high_dpi_sizes in theme_options only updated when upload logo image by uploader.
So my retina logo showed in width 112px because I upload image by FTP, and I didn't add it to media library by uploader.
But I enter the URL directly because the description of "Logo image for HIGH DPI screen" says "Enter an URL or upload an image for logo. Paste the full URL (include http://)."
I still wish I could enter the logo image URL directly without upload it by uploader. Could that be fixed?
Or at least add two options to enter the retina logo width and height by user.
Thank you so much~!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

This is one place where you should use media uploader:-), cause there is taken measure of image after choosing one. However if you need this logo to be entered this way, then you can make such change to enter dimensions manually :
    Go to fame\advance\options.php line ~405
    and change this

array(
    'name' => 'HIGH DPI logo sizes',
    'desc' => '',
    'id' => 'logo_image_high_dpi_sizes',
    'default' => '224|86',
    'type' => 'hidden'
    ),
    to this

array(
    'name' => 'HIGH DPI logo sizes',
    'desc' => '',
    'id' => 'logo_image_high_dpi_sizes',
    'default' => '224|86',
    'type' => 'input'
    ),
    Now you can edit this option in panel. First is width next is height(width|height).
    Example: 400|300.

With regards.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 7
    Thank you so much!!
    But I have one suggestion~
    I think, in that way, you should modify the description of "Logo image for HIGH DPI screen" from "Enter an URL or upload an image for logo. Paste the full URL (include http://)." to "Upload an image for logo." only.
    I guess that would be better.
    Thank you again~~
    Post edited by VikiHung on
  • AirAir
    I think this is good suggestion and we will change this description.

With regards.