Before you ask please READ THIS

WORKS PAGE

edited August 2014 in Adamant Posts: 15
The featured image i have set for each of the "works" in the admin are of set size: 280x420 but somehow they are resized everytime to these square boxes.

1. Please suggest how can i keep the sizes of the featured images same to 280x420 ( i have attached a sample file)
2. Can i put equal spaces between the grids of the works blocks? i need 5-10px margin on all sides.

Please suggest, would be greatful.
www.writersanonymous.net

Comments

• sample image in 280x420
    akshay-patra.jpg
    280 x 420 - 106K
    If you set the 'Columns count' to '2' it could help.
    Let me know if it helped.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • i did.
    But the images are way too stretched. They are atleast 200% bigger than the actual size.
    How do i fix the size or just let it use the original size of the featured images?

Something is resizing them this big!
  • Can someone reply please???
    Hi,
    sorry for delay, i'm trying to find a solution for you.
    Your case shows weak points of our theme. The initial objectives of the design were different, and we need to make some decisions.
    For now you can:
    1. Remaster your pictures
    or
    2. Use current works setup, but upload featured images in higher resolution to avoid image streaching.

I'll inform you about progress in this issue as soon as possible.
    Sorry for the delay again.
    All the Best.
  • I have tried remastering the pictures it didnt help. The plugin (prettyphoto etc) resizes it this big again!

I am OK to modify few lines of code if you can exactly point out where the change is needed. I need to be able to finish this anyhow in few hours and am just biting nails as i am unable to! :(
    I've send you private message with hack'n'go solution.
    All the Best.
    amanpreets said: 2. Can i put equal spaces between the grids of the works blocks? i need 5-10px margin on all sides.
    Yes you can - Edit shortcode 'Works list' and modify 'Horizontal marigins of single item' and 'Vertical marigins of single item' parameters.
    All the Best.
  • never worked. i am going to use something else instead of your 'works' thingy!
    After you gave me above workaround somehow the entire content div is now right aligned somehow.. not sure what happened.. i tried to reverse the changes but no luck there!

See the attached screenshot to understand what i mean. This is REALLY visible when viewing the portfolio "works".

Attached screenshot shows area marked in red which clearly shows the mis alignment..
    the area marked in blue shows where it should ideally sit.. like it was earlier.

Please get a me a workaround for this one.

P.S. Hack and go solution didnt work for me :/
    screenshot.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 557K
  • Surgeon,

I bought the theme as i assumed it will be ACTUALLY as easy as its shown on the buy now page of the theme, but its been nothing but disappointment. There are so many loop holes in the theme and didnt save me anytime!!

EVERY section practically has a problem and there are NO helps docs, support material anywhere! Googling if helped would have by now.

Anyway. Can you check why now if we create a sub menu item, parallax stops completely and menu doesn't work for the item which has sub menu?

I wish i had time and i could personally write the support docs for you as by now I (a non-programmer) have 100+ hacks to be added in various files to make basic things work the way they do in your demo! :(

Please help with sub menu!
    waiting.

Please download the latest version of Adamant from ThemeForest.
    Bugfix for submenu issue was released at 04-08-2014.
    All the Best.
  • How can you expect your members to REDO the website with the new theme in place now! Is there a code fix for this too? Or re-install and spend hours and hours again is the only option?
    http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/adamant/#!/installation_update
    section 'update theme' - please read it and update Adamant.
    All the Best.