Before you ask please READ THIS

Buttons in Sidebars

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 30
First of all, I love the new Blame theme. I'm using it to build a major corporate website right now.

I'm finding a challenge putting call-to-action buttons into the sidebar. It's obvious how to do this on the page with Visual Composer, but I'm at a loss at how best to do it in the sidebar. My latest attempt was to install the OTW Shortcode Widget which has a button-making tool in it, but the resulting buttons do not show up in the sidebar.

Do you have a suggestion for a great sidebar button maker that *is* compatible with your theme, or is there a shortcode I should know about already built in?

Thank you!

Michael

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there kind human ;-)

In what widget you will put shortcode in sidebar? Cause not all widgets translate shortcodes to HTML.

One way to make yourself shortcode that you could use in sidebar would be:
    1. Create new page.
    2. Put there only shortcodes you wish to use with Visual composer.
    3. Then switch back to classic editor and copy result of your work(text that you see in editor)
    4. Paster that to your widget:-)

Does it sounds doable ?:-)

With regards.
  • I did exactly as you suggested, and result is that I only see the VC code in my sidebar (see attached screen shot of sidebar).

Here is what I did:
    -- started new page
    -- used visual composer to create three buttons with links
    -- saved draft
    -- switched to backend editor mode
    -- switched to Classic View
    -- copied visible code and pasted it into the standard Text/HTML sidebar widget
    -- saved changes

Result is that the code became visible in the sidebar of the site, and not the buttons.

Here is a link to the page (which is in process) where I pasted this sidebar code: http://www.kvtemp.com/solutions/for-learning-hr/

Do you have any other suggestions? Is there something I misunderstood and am doing wrong?

Thank you.

Michael
    Google ChromeScreenSnapz005.png
    495 x 413 - 64K
  • AirAir
    To what widget you have pasted this code? Cause not every widget translates shortcodes. Use Shortcodes widget.

With regards.
  • Thank you -- that solved it. I was using the Text/HTML widget.