Before you ask please READ THIS

Portfolio (works) for a few single pages

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 62
Hi Air,

Probably I was wrong when chose this template for my website structure:( I hope not...
I was happy to find out that with your WORKS I can add some text to the portfolio (like here http://vanillababyphotography.com/work/newborn/), because most templates with its galleries/portfolio allow to show only images, no the text/wording altogether on the same page. But now I faced with a different problem.

My initial idea was and still is - I would like to have a few pages dedicated to different types of photography (newborn, maternity, kids, etc). And on each single page I would like to put a gallery/portfolio and definition/text about this type of shooting. So instead of having one portfolio page like your WORKS with different portfolios/galleries I need to have a single portfolio for each page. I hope I have not confused you. Can you offer a solution please?

Revolution slider could be an option, but as I understand it doesn't allow to put any text on the same page.

Comments

• I really hope I just didn't get the idea on how your structure works...
  • AirAir
    Hello

SO you want to have few different list of works with different types :-)
    In that case you can use Works page as page for ALL your works and create category pages which lists works only from each category.

Here is how to do it: http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/adding_multiple_works_list_and_genres

Good luck:-)
  • Thank you! It was actually easy to do, especially when you understand what you are doing :)
    Can you please help me to remove the functionality of showing a featured image in the WORKS.

Thank you in advance.
  • AirAir
    vanillababy said: Can you please help me to remove the functionality of showing a featured image in the WORKS.
    You have to explain me what it should do, cause as I understand, it will remove image that is cover image of each work. Or maybe I misunderstand you.

With regards.
  • You got it right. I need to remove the FEATURED IMAGE from each work, because it's appointed by default. And if I don't choose it then it displays just a gray window. So for my model I just don't need it. I want to show the scroller with images right after you click on the corresponding menu item.
    Pls see attached print screen.
    Featured-image.jpg
    1174 x 670 - 101K
  • AirAir
    So why don't you link your works directly from menu, instead of doing various works list. I see on your 'works list', on screen shot, just one work, so if this is your model you should link to each work from menu. Enable adding works liek explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/adding_menu , and there you go:-)

With regards.
  • I've linked work category instead of just works. How stupid. Now it works!
    Thank you