Before you ask please READ THIS

Sub-menus close prematurely at some screen widths

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 30
I am having a problem with dropdown submenus in this theme at certain screen widths.

The home page is at http://www.kvtemp.com.

To see the problem, please pull down the "Products" menu and select "Apps" -- it should show "KVStudio" and "Knovio". On wide screens, this submenu opens to the right and is fine. However, when the screen is narrower, the submenu opens to the left and immediately disappears.

This happens on both Chrome and Safari (on Mac OS X), but not in Firefox.

Can you suggest a workaround?

Thank you.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

OK I see. Page get resized while measuring space for submenu, when it decides if there is space on right side. Resizing pages fires refresh of many things, and this cause issue. Thanks for reporting this!

I will take a look why Chrome is not preventing resize, cause we specially made script for that.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    I have spend on this issue about 8 hours now, delayed two updates, and I my motivation just dropped to 0 :-) And I still don't have solution, but I know that something changed in the way how Chrome engine is refreshing need for scrollbars, and I just cant get around it.

I will take some break and try to rewrite submenu mechanism that doesn't involve crossing edge of screen to detect if we are out of space:-)

With regards.
  • Thanks for trying to track this down. I know from personal experience how frustrating this can be, especially if it appears that the problem is caused by Google, not your code.

Obviously, this limits the use of submenus in the theme. We're hoping to launch the site this weekend, and I've eliminated submenus temporarily so I can keep working and go through the rest of the testing.

Best regards,
    Michael
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-)

Thanks for understanding. We are sure delayed with this update, but issue is fixed. I am just sending update to ThemeForest as we speak, cause there was some bugs I have found in last minute yesterday.

Thanks for your patience.

PS. If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks! How to rate?

With regards.
  • Thank you. I have updated the theme, and it works very well. Thank you for that change, as well as the "title off" option for displaying only breadcrumbs in the title bar.

And yes, I will give you a great rating.

Michael
  • AirAir
    Thanks very much for your rating:-) I am glad we could help each other:-) Good luck with your site and see you soon ;-)

With regards.