Before you ask please READ THIS

Hypershot Extension Plugin to configure top info on a per post/page basis

edited September 2014 in Hypershot Posts: 4
Hello,
thanks for the great theme - it powers my professional photography website (http://hoelbling-inzko.com) and I am very happy with it and get a lot of positive feedback from my customers for the site.

But: Since it's a photography website that usually doesn't contain a lot of text it's rather bad from a SEO perspective to have the same info text shared across all the pages. Also for some albums I really wanted to ability to write some accompanying text instead of just the images.

That's why I wrote a plugin that creates a custom meta_box on each post/page/album that allows me to configure all the header-info settings for each post.

The code for the plugin is on GitHub: https://github.com/Tigraine/wordpress-hypershot-extension
And I hook it into the header.php by replacing the following lines:
if( !hiOptionReader::disableHeader($post) && $apollo13->get_option( 'settings', 'header_info' ) == 'on' ){
this makes it still honor the global header on/off setting - and the header will be hidden if no header was set for this post.

Then I configure the open/closed part of the header:

$hw_class = hiOptionReader::showHeader($post);
and instead of get_option 'header_info_text' I return:

echo hiOptionReader::getHeader($post);
I am not sure if you want this in the general theme, but I might as well share it. If you include this in the theme it would save me the hassle of having to maintain these customizations through future updates.
Also since this is my very first ever foray into PHP/Wordpress I am pretty sure there are a ton of things you could improve upon to make the code better :)

greetings Daniel
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there nice man!

That is great thing you made there, and generally it is great idea. I will make some small fixes to Hypershot in few days so I will try to include your idea in this update also:-) Maybe not in original form, but for sure with your original idea!

Bravo!
    And thank you very much for sharing :-)

With regards.
  • Awesome! Can't wait for the update!
    Glad to help :)

greetings Daniel
  • AirAir
    Update with added feature will be on ThemeForest in few hours:-)

PS. If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks! How to rate?

With regards.