Before you ask please READ THIS

Import/Export Settings

edited October 2014 in Blame Posts: 6
I just duplicated my live site onto a subdomain so I could update Blame theme cautiously and test it out first. Everything went fine except for the import/export settings. I'm going through the motions to import, but it's as if I didn't. Every setting is still default except the links to my logo and favicon. The Blame logo is the one that shows in the browser though. I tried updating the theme and still nothing. I'm running wordpress 4.0 and the most recent Blame update. I had this issue a month ago when I did this and I was at the beginning of development I think so it didn't really matter. I just reset the settings by hand. I can't have that with a client's live site. Any idea what's going on? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello There:-)

You wrote long post but I don't really understand what is your issue, sorry:-)

Please tell me what you are trying to import exactly? Our predefined settings, or export of settings from you previous site?

On fresh install of theme it will import default settings of skin to make you start :-)

EDIT:
    I have read again your post and I think, that you may need to export theme settings for one site and import them on other, if second one was fresh install.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • I exported my Blame settings from site A and Imported them into site B. It didn't work. However...I figured out that if I reset the the settings to default and THEN import them, it works fine.
  • AirAir
    It is pretty new function in our themes, however I have tested it widely. Anyway I will check again for such issues. Thanks for information!

With regards.