Before you ask please READ THIS

Unable to activate Adamant

edited November 2014 in Adamant Posts: 47
Hello,
Just purchased Adamant but Wordpress freezes when I try to activate Adamant. Also I'm not able to watch the Adamant live preview from Wordpress. When I try to do this, wordpress freezes to a blank screen on address "servername/wordpress/wp-admin/themes.php?activated=true". I am then unable to enter Wordpress again. I have to delete the Adamant folder from themes to be able to regain Wordpress access.
I installed Wordpress (4.0) on a local server and manually copied the Adamant folder to wp-content/themes. I did only this, so nothing else is installed (so no plugins).
To verify if it had to do with my installation or server I also installed Blame and that works fine. Able to activate Blame and enter the live preview.
From this I conclude there is a problem with Adamant. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Hi Rutger,
    i must ask very basic question: are you sure you have uploaded correct folder? The package you get from ThemeForest contains a lot of extras.
    I have installed the latest Adamant version a week ago and it runs like a charm. So let's assume this must be something different from Adamant itself.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    I understand you ask that question. I have asked myself the same :-) But I'm pretty sure I copied the right map. See attached screenshot to show the map I copied to the themes map. So it's the entire map "adamant" that was contained in the zipfile adamant_v.1.4.6.zip and which in itself contains the maps "css", "images", "inc", etc, etc.
    To check myself, I copied apollo13s Blame theme following exact same procedure and that one I am able to activate without problems.
    Knipsel.jpg
    1128 x 108 - 35K
    Hi Rutger,
    1. did you install Adamant on clean WordPress installation?
    2. the 'freeze' is happening both on local and public server?
    3. Did you get any error messages or JavaScript console messages?
    All the Best.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 47
    Hi Surgeon,
    I think I found out what was causing this. I'm using a Synology NAS as a server.
    When I turned Wordpress debugging on I found that a something called "@eaDir" was causing a conflict with the Redux Framework. When I googled this it turned out to be a hidden directory the Synology system produces. It also produced a hidden "@eaDir" directory in the themes map, which made Wordpress believe "@eaDir" was a theme (which was obviously incomplete). This in turn caused a conflict within Redux, which produced a debug error. After I SSH'd my way into the server I deleted all the "@eaDir" directories and then I was able to activate Adamant.
    I then got a error within the Adamant standard startpage, saying FS_CHMOD_DIR was not defined (that message was repeated five times). I solved that by defining FS_CHMOD_DIR in wp-config.php. I was not able to link this error to "@eaDir", because those directories were deleted by that time.
    Anyway, got it running now and it looks fine.
    And indeed as you said, Adamant was not the problem. Sorry for considering that ;-)
    Thanks for your help!
    Post edited by rutger on
    Wow, great investigation!
    I'll store your research as a one of those ugly cases.
    Thanks.
    All the Best.