Before you ask please READ THIS

Page not full width

edited December 2014 in Hypershot Posts: 25
Hi,

I've made a new page and filled it with two images, each 960px wide. I was expecting them to show up side by side and thus take up the full 1920px of my screen. Instead it centers them, puts them underneath each other, and adds a border.
How do I make it so that the images fill the entire screen from left to right, with no space around or between them?
I've already turned off the widget area but to no avail.
The page currently looks like this: http://ralfvanegmond.com/?page_id=328

Thank you.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

You will have to add some custom CSS. For this particular page it would look like this:

.page-id-328 #content .inside {
    width: 100%;
    }
    .page-id-328 article {
    padding: 0px;
    }
    .page-id-328 a img.alignnone {
    margin: 0;
    border: none;
    padding: 0;
    }
    #post-328 {
    display: table;
    }
    #post-328 a {
    display: table-cell;
    }
    This should do it :-)

However this change is not responsive, but for starters this whole idea is not responsive;-)

With regards.
    Hi, thanks for the response. Where would I add this piece of code? (I am completely unfamiliar with CSS). Also what do you mean by not responsive?
  • AirAir
    To add custom CSS you need plugin like this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pc-custom-css/ activate it, and next go to Appearance->Custom CSS. There you can insert your custom CSS. If it won't work be sure to set Permalinks like explained here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/3831#Comment_3831
    Ralv said: Also what do you mean by not responsive?
    Theme is responsive one, which means it displays well on desktop computers and mobile phones.
    However this change you asked for, would need some more thinking and testing to make it responsive. You would need someone who will maintain such things for you.

When you said that you want this to display well on your wide monitor, then I understand that you are making this page for your self, rather then for other users:-) Cause as you can imagine not everyone have big monitor, or even use desktop computer.

With regards.
    Well okay no, that might not be the best solution then.. I was hoping it would operate the way full width albums do; when I add an album it is full width and automatically resizes and rearranges the bricks when I play with the window size (like so: ralfvanegmond.com). Why can't it do that for a simple page with two images?
  • AirAir
    Ralv said: when I add an album it is full width
    This parts of layout was specially prepared to act in best way depending on currently available space. What you ask for now is content that you created on your own, which we couldn't predict that you, or other user, would want to create.
    Such things almost always need special treatment, independent of what you were expecting it would work like:-)
    Even if you say it is "simple" it is not how such content works by default. People often use page builders for such tasks.

I understand that you don't have web page building code experience.

Anyway, for your particular case I would rather leave layout as it was in default, instead of two images, made one big, and insert in content only two empty links, and then position them with CSS. I can help you with this one if you prepare all needed things.

With regards.

I think I'm going to bin the whole idea, it's just too complicated and not worth the headache.
    How about the custom background image.. is there a way to have that resize itself (the way album photos do) instead of it repeating vertically/horizontally?
  • AirAir
    Hi

Are you asking about my idea or this is different question? If the second then please start new topic and also attach screen shot of what option you exactly mean.

With kind regards.
    Yeah no sorry this is a new issue. I definitely want the site to be properly visible across multiple platforms, and having those images work is not very important so I've decided to just scrap them. I do really appreciate your help on this though!
    Will start a new thread..