Before you ask please READ THIS

Convert to a New Version?

edited January 2015 in Adamant Posts: 19
I keep trying to edit pages and I get an error, asking me to convert the page. I've attached a screenshot of the error. Each time I accept, I lose all of my changes.
Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 7.55.05 PM.png
1900 x 1142 - 184K
Post edited by surgeon on

Comments

• konopizza.raintreesales.com
    Hello,
    did you update Visual Composer plugin?
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • No i did not. Do I need to? and when I do, will that continue to ask me to convert pages? I've lost a lot of styling.
  • Also, it does not say that the plugin needs to be updated.
    Well no, the plugin must not be upgraded, but the message You get is suggesting that upgrade of Visual Composer has been done.

I'll investigate it further.
    All the Best.
  • Thank you, i am still unable to update my home page in the mean time...
    If this is ok for you - please send me login credentials to admin panel, but do it by private message, not here - in public post.
    All the Best.
    Hello,
    the page we are talking about has some data loss - perhaps someone was playing around with it with use of classic mode editor, or it has been saved incompletely due to some server issues.
    If You switch to Classic Mode then You'll see that some of shortcodes have no closing tags, so the page code is incomplete.
    Two ways to choose:
    1. Try to close all shortcodes manually in Classic Mode editor.
    2. Build home page from scratch (jest build another page, and when it's ready set it as a Home Page in WordPress Settings >> Reading).
    All the Best.
  • thanks. i had to recreate the home page and i saved it as a template in case that happens again.