Before you ask please READ THIS

Lightbox comes with strange symbols (using videos in gallery, bricks)

edited January 2015 in Beach Please Posts: 111
Hi!

There are strange symbols showing up when I open a video in a lightbox. Shortly after the symbols, a search symbol (loupe) shows up. Clicking the loupe changes the symbols into a scrollbar which has no effect. What is this and how can I give it a sense, make it sexy or disable it?
See the attached image.

Thanks and happy new year!
Beach Please Gallery Error.jpg
2500 x 911 - 777K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

That is the place where social icons usually are. It looks like some error was printed there instead. However I can't recreate this issue, so I need link to your site with example lightbox.

With regards.

No problem. Here it is. All lightboxes there have this issue.

Thanks!

• AirAir
    You minified and compressed your styles and scritps - this were your problems started and will remain :-) Using Autoptimize must be very careful, cause exactly of such possible issues, when scripts are compacted in wrong order.

Autoptimize is good plugin, but still it needs by hand tweaking to use it fully.

With regards.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 111
    Hm, is there a chance to use another player instead?
    I use my CDN (Cloudflare) to minify if I’m not completely wrong. Embarrassingly, I didn’t find the option to disbale it yet to check if it changes the errors.

Here’s the direct link to the video gallery.
    Post edited by Tupamaros on
  • AirAir
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Another lightbox? Nope.
    Just disable Autoptimize plugin and it will help.

Should I help you with that(removing plugin)?

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I disabled Autoptimize, but it didn’t help. I also disabled the minify option in CloudFlare, emptied the browser cache and the cache of my website, but it still doesn’t show up correctly.
    Yes, help would be appreciated! :) Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.
  • AirAir
    OK, I found in Jackbox documentation solution how to disable fully iframe with social icons. In few minutes I will post here edited file.
  • AirAir
    OK, take file from this ZIP and upload it to beach_apollo\js\jackbox\js.

Be aware that you have a lot of caching and minifications plugins, so you may need to clear cache of them.

I have tested it and no more iframe with social icons with it :-)

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    jackbox-packed.min.zip

I still get this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wp-content/themes/beach_apollo/js/jackbox/modules/jackbox_social.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried deleting the jackbox_social.php from my server, but also that didn’t change the error message – all caches (website & browser) were emptied.

By the way: I only get this message in Chrome. Firefox comes without the "Forbidden" message.

But both browsers still show the info by default. Even though I did what’s written here: Go to js/script.js, find "showInfoByDefault: true" line ~480 and change it to "showInfoByDefault: false

• AirAir
    You see this cause your page is still serving cached version of script. Have you cleared cache in W3C Total Cache plugin? You have also other, like jetpack that may also cache. Like I said before - too much is too much;-)

With regards.
    Yes, I cleared the cache in W3C Total Cache plugin. You’re right: I use Photon by Jetpack (Photon’s cache can’t be cleared) and I have the free version of CloudFlare. Do I understand it correctly that I don’t need Photon when I use CloudFlare? See here.
    You see that I don’t really have any knowledge here…
  • AirAir
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,970
    You have many plugins that do same things, and kind of eliminate each other. It is like installing two antivirus programs on one computer - it is very unrecommended on many levels.

In your case you had/have at least 3 plugins doing minification, and it was W3C Total Cache plugin, Autoptmize, Jetapack. In such case clearing one cache doesn't necessary clear other cache.

I have seen list of your plugins and I have no idea what most of them do, so there can be even more that make such work. You have so many plugins(47 if I am not mistaken) that you even installed OTHER PLUGIN for managing plugins - that is nuts! :-)

You should use only plugins that you know what they do, and you really need them, or you should face such issues even longer.

20 plugins is already considered too much.

Cloudflare - I have no idea what this plugin does, and what it should be use for, so can't advice here. But as I checked your link it looks like it may have same functionality as W3C Total Cache plugin, so another one to make same things;-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 111
    Yay, I got it! :) I had to purge the cache on cloudflare.com as well. Now it works. I have minify completeley disabled now. Is that your recommendation? Or shall I minify with one (!) of my plugins. :)

By the way (and in case someone has the same problem as I had):
    I read on the cloudflare website that CloudFlare and W3 Total Cache work well together (with the right settings of course and only one of them minifying). Jetpack’s Photon (in combination with the Jetpack’s tiled galleries!) also minifies and the only way to get this cache cleared is by contacting the admins – who seem really helpful.

You have so many plugins […] that you even installed OTHER PLUGIN for managing plugins - that is nuts! :-)

The plugin is called Plugin Organizer. You can change the order of plugins loading on certain pages. You can also disable plugins for certain pages: That makes them load faster as they do not load unneeded stuff. So it’s not a "plugin library overview". ;)

Thanks for your great support, Air!
    Post edited by Tupamaros on
  • AirAir
    Tupamaros said: Is that your recommendation? Or shall I minify with one (!) of my plugins. :)
    Minfication and cache are good AFTER you finished your layout changes - it means when your page is done. So if cloudFlare is needed by you and you know how to use it - stick to it:-)
    Tupamaros said: The plugin is called Plugin Organizer. You can change the order of plugins loading on certain pages. You can also disable plugins for certain pages: That makes them load faster as they do not load unneeded stuff. So it’s not a "plugin library overview". ;)
    Thanks for clarification, that may come in handy ;-)

With kind regards.