Before you ask please READ THIS

Firefox not displaying padding and margins correctly.

edited January 2015 in Superior Posts: 25
I'm having an issue with spacing and margins in Firefox. Please see the link: http://www.ppsbend.com/premierwraps/
and look at it with both browsers. At first I thought it had something to do with the adding in empty spaces with the visual builder but upon further looking it seems maybe it isn't reading margins and padding properly. I've checked this on several computers and had the same result. Please take a look and let me know your findings.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

There is something strange with separators as each of them got set inline style margin-bottom: -12px; in Firefox and margin-top: -25px; in Chrome.

Do you have some JavaScript that could do it? Or maybe some plugin recently installed?

Any other changes to your wordpress?

With regards.
  • I am not exactly sure what you're referring to. As far as I can tell the margin values between Chrome and Firefox are the same. I have 2 additional plugins running that were not packaged with the theme.imageimage
    Chrome Screenshot.png
    1790 x 1135 - 560K
    Chrome Screenshot.png
    1790 x 1135 - 560K
    Firefox Screenshot.png
    1792 x 1135 - 640K
  • AirAir
    Hmmm in my case, on windows, it is different in both browsers.

Anyway it is strange that you have there negative margins. Have you setup them manually to be negative? If not then maybe one of your plugins?

Do you have any clues when that happend?

With regards.
  • I have installed the plugin that I thought may have been causing the problem on a subdomain with the original theme install that I did (dev2.ppsbend.com) and there is no problems.
  • As far as I can tell it was broken from the very beginning of the theme install. Your demo seems to be working fine in Firefox though which makes me wonder what I did. I will look around and see if I can find anything. I may have set something to display inline.
  • AirAir
    Could you let me in so I could take a look also?
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.
  • Don't use negative margins to position your elements using this theme otherwise it will break it in Firefox :) The support here is amazing, thank you guys.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for coffee!
  • The fix that I applied to this was to set a height of 1px on the .a13-seperator CSS class. Once that was applied Chrome & Firefox had identical appearance. This also allowed me to remove all negative margins that I had applied as the fitting was much better once the height was set to 1px. Chrome was defaulting the height of the empty space to 20px, however Firefox was defaulting the height to 1px which created the inconsistency. Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else came up against this.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info, and it will come handy :-)