Before you ask please READ THIS

404 Error Page with different content and template (like page/post)

edited January 2015 in Beach Please Posts: 111
Hi!

I’d like to change the content and the template of the 404 & empty search/archive page, but I just don’t get it… Sorry for bothering. I’ve been quite "active" in the last days.

I’d like to include a selfmade sitemap that doesn’t list every single page and is in a pretty sexy order as well. ;)
A featured picture would also be nice and subtitles too (I write bilingual and use the subs for English). Plugins should also have an effect. Maybe even the sidebar. But I just don’t get it done to change the 404 template into the typical page template with background image, the hide "x" etc.
Help… :(

And thank you!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

This is not easy task.

However all content of this page you can edit in template no-content.php

Next all CSS things you can overwrite in custom CSS with prefix body.no-results and maybe use of !important. Like this
    body.no-results #bg-image{
    background-image: url("http://bp.com/wp-content/uploads/Jo.jpg") !important;
    }
    Hope this will get you started.

With regards.
    Uff… That seems to be too much for my amateur knowledge.
    There’s no chance to just redirect 404 errors and searches without a result to a certain page (that uses the "normal" page template/layout)?
  • AirAir
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,970
    I have recently made such thing for our new theme(still in production) and it wasn't easy, and it also wont be easy in case of Beach Please theme.

So you have to fight or forget ;-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on