Before you ask please READ THIS

Recent Works & Recent Posts

edited February 2015 in Chillout Posts: 12
Hi there, first thanks a lot for this theme, it's great.
I'm using this theme as a one page layout & basically i want to take the "in window" pop-up features of the recent works section and apply this to the more gridded format of the recent posts section or alternatively i want to arrange the images from the recent works section into a more gridded format

also for some reason my people section (which on the demo is 2 rows of 3 images) has become 1 row of 4 images & 1 row of 2 where as i'd like it to be the 2 rows of 3

do you know of a way i can solve these problems? thank you very much!

Comments

Hello!
    Do I get your point?
    You want the 'Latest Post' section to look like 'Latest Works' section, right?
    jasper1 said: also for some reason my people section (which on the demo is 2 rows of 3 images) has become 1 row of 4 images & 1 row of 2 where as i'd like it to be the 2 rows of 3
    Please post me an url to your site, so I could take a look.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Sorry if i confused you, i want my 'latest works' section to look like the 'latest posts' section in your demo but to behave like the the "latest works" when you click through? does that make sense?

Thanks a lot!
    Here's the link http://pmngroup.com/wordpress/home/
    Hi,
    jasper1 said: i want my 'latest works' section to look like the 'latest posts' section in your demo but to behave like the the "latest works" when you click through?
    You just need to change item size of each Work Item - edit each Work and go to metaboxes (below the editor) and change the 'Item Size' to '1x1'.
    That's the only way to make Works look similar to 'Latest Posts', but there's no way (at the moment) to make it look exactly like 'Latest Posts'.

jasper1 said: also for some reason my people section (which on the demo is 2 rows of 3 images) has become 1 row of 4 images & 1 row of 2 where as i'd like it to be the 2 rows of 3
    This is strange, but I can see that You have built this section without inside rows. Look at the demo page how it's built and copy this solution.

screen.png
    1295 x 433 - 10K
    All the Best.
  • That's great! Thanks a lot!
  • hi, thanks for your help earlier but I'm afraid my Latest Work section now refuses to center - do you think this will be something controllable in the visual composer or works section or shall i go digging through the php? if php do you know of any short code that would help me find these attributes, thanks again!
    latest work? I don't see section called 'latest work'.
    All the Best.
  • sorry i mean the section called "The Group" that uses the "Latest Work" widget
  • also is there a way to disable the pop out link on this section, can this be done?
    jasper1 said: sorry i mean the section called "The Group" that uses the "Latest Work" widget
    At the moment You can achive this only by changing the size of one item to 2x1. We are going to fix this so you could have more controll over the layout.

jasper1 said: also is there a way to disable the pop out link on this section, can this be done?
    In shortcode parameter - check 'Display as gallery' checkbox. I don't know if this is what You are looking for, but this is the only way to change the bechaviour of Work item.
    Perhaps we'll add some options here as well.
    All the Best.
    FYI - new version of Chillout is available to download.
    This could be interesting for You as we added one option to 'Latest Works' shortcode, that is 'Columns count'. You can set it to '3' and have 3 work items in one row, nicely scaled in order to fit entire row.

as for second issue - we decided not to change this part of design.
    All the Best.
  • Thank you for your most recent update but i don't seem to be having much luck finding this option would you be able to help?
    also some of our widgets seem to be right/left aligning

www.pmngroup.com/wordpress

thank you so much for all your help by the way very much appreciated
  • apologies got it working, hadn't updated the visual composer, thanks a lot just what we wanted! but when i view the page in google chrome the "people" section (or clients as we've named it) is right aligned and sits outside of the navigation arrows, do you have any idea as to what could be causing this?
    Hi,
    your
    .items_container{
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    justify-content: center;
    margin: 10px 5px;
    padding: 10px 0;
    width: 100%;
    }

should be:
    .items_container {
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    justify-content: center;
    margin: 10px 5px;
    padding: 10px 0;
    }
    All the Best.
  • Hi
    Thanks for your help.
    This worked on chrome, but the problem has repeated itself on safari. Are you able to advise?

Thank you for your repeated help
    Just review all the additional css that You have made for child theme.
    All the Best.