Before you ask please READ THIS

Blog incorporation in my theme

edited August 2012 in Skyfashion Posts: 11
Hello,
im trying to piece a theme for myself together and i really like your blog page so i'm trying to incorporate it in mine. What i need to know is what is required to accomplish this. Ie: so just the blog elements are incorporated in my personal theme

Hope someone can help

Denver

Comments

• Hello,
    first of all, you need to replace some function or copy them form apollo13.php file.
    Another thing is CSS is split for layout.css and style-light.css (or style-dark.css for dark version).
    If you want to have responsive behavior, you need pay attention to the and of layout.css file.

Best,
    Miłosz
    So would you be able to help me with that?
  • I will try to answer your questions. What else i can do for you?
    What exactly would i need to take from these files to make it work?
    Ie: the code from the css and the php files

Thanks
    Any ideas?
  • AirAir
    I don't know how exactly theme is build, but as far as I know our framework it would be really hard to move just part of theme to your other theme and would require small book description. It looks like you don't have any coding experience, so it would be even harder.

If you already have wordpress and some theme, then on your place I would:
    1. Updated WP to newest version.
    2. Install Skyfashion.
    3. Check what are you missing from your older theme.
    4. Ask how you achieve 'missing things' in Skyfashion.

Anyway - why you don't want to just switch to new theme? Your post and all should be good.

With regards.
  • Hello,
    There are many lines of code that you have to get. We do not provide this type of service for our clients. I only can answer for details.

Best,
    Miłosz
    I do have coding experience as i built the theme i'd just like to know what is required for the blog page, as for a reason not to just fully switch is because for my use mine is much better but your blog page would work well.

So as i said i'd just like to know what all the blog requires.
  • So you need to copy bodies of function used in blog.php. There are in apollo13.php file.
    Is everything it needs in the apollo13.php file? +styles, etc
  • AirAir
    Denver said: I do have coding experience as i built the theme
    Then I'm sorry and please don't take it to yourself Denver. It was just my assumption that you are not programmer :-)

With regards.

Air said: Then I'm sorry and please don't take it to yourself Denver. It was just my assumption that you are not programmer :-)

With regards.
    I won't no worry's, just since i didn't build the theme and am newer to wordpress development i was unsure. Would you be able to help with the implementation?
    Air said: Then I'm sorry and please don't take it to yourself Denver. It was just my assumption that you are not programmer :-)

With regards.
    I won't no worry's, just since i didn't build the theme and am newer to wordpress development i was unsure. Would you be able to help with the implementation?
  • Hello,
    it is everything you in in the apollo13.php and style files.

Best,
    Miłosz
    So everything in the apollo13.php and blog files that it? + styles
  • If it is only for you then you can copy all apollo13.php file. There is all you need.
    So only apollo13.php wow ok no comments or the blog page tepmplate.

• You have wrote before about "blog files" + styles. So you have all. What you want more?