Before you ask please READ THIS

Blog with slider

edited February 2015 in Blame Posts: 24
Hi there!

I'm having trouble getting the layerslider to work on the BLOG page of my site. It worked fine on the homepage and I did all the same settings for the BLOG page.

Please let me know if there's something different I need to do for a BLOG page (called PROJECTS on my site) - see http://www.impactconnector.com/projects/ (which is now showing no slider at the top even though it should be).

Thanks!
Adam
Post edited by thekato on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I don't think there is an easy way to put there slider, as it don't use content you put in BLOG page. It only displays posts and their content.

I will consult about it and come back to you tomorrow probably.

With kind regards.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 24
    Hi -

Hmm - in that case can you tell me how to change/manipulate the header photo on the BLOG? I don't necessarily need the slider. I can't seem to figure out how to change that image and the writing on it etc...

Thanks,
    Adam
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 24
    Ok I got the image working using the TITLE BAR option.

Can you please tell me how I can change the title font and placement and words (i don't want to change the name of the page)? Want to make like attachment.

http://www.impactconnector.com/projects/

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 6.50.00 PM.png
    961 x 677 - 654K
  • ...a few hours later: argh this is frustrating... is there for sure no way to do a slider here? Getting the text to look like that seems to not be possible :(
  • AirAir
    Good morning.

So lets check it out, what you wrote:
    thekato said: in that case can you tell me how to change/manipulate the header photo on the BLOG
    So all the option you have in Page that you have set up for blog.
    There you can edit its title to change main title of BLOG, but you already know that.
    You can also find option subtitle to add additional text.
    To change image under text you use title bar look-> Custom settings but you also found that already.

And this is all you can get without modification of code.

To get slider there, you will have to make some changes. So first, in Blog page, select slider you want to use in Post media option.
    Next go to index.php and below line ~26 where you can see code <div id="col-mask"> add this

<div class="post-content">
    		    <?php
    		    $post_id = get_option( 'page_for_posts');
    		    $img_or_vid     = get_post_meta($post_id, '_image_or_video', true);
    		    if($img_or_vid === 'revo_slider'){
    			    function_exists('putRevSlider')? putRevSlider( get_post_meta($post_id, '_revolution_slider', true) ) : null;
    		    }
    		    elseif($img_or_vid === 'layer_slider'){
    			    function_exists('layerslider')? layerslider( get_post_meta($post_id, '_layer_slider_val', true) ) : null;
    		    }
    		    ?>
    	    </div>

Hope that helps:-)

With kind regards.