Before you ask please READ THIS

Slider Acting Up

edited August 2012 in Skyfashion Posts: 9
OK, this slider is killing me. For some reason, the next slider image to come up is actually appearing down below for a split second prior to showing up in the slider area. Hard to explain, so please take a look here: http://whitedesignstudio.com/benchmade/

I've just installed a clean fresh version of the theme and done nothing other than add some slider images.

Please help?

Comments

• Hello,
    are you sure you it is clean version. I have checked you CSS with firebug and found there are some difference. For example there is no bottom menu lines in your page.
    Maybe wordpress save you previous changes.
  • I just did a total new clean install and it's still doing it.... http://whitedesignstudio.com/benchmade/
  • Could you please take another look at my site and make suggestions?
  • You have to put our theme on your site. Now there is default wordpress theme.
  • This is happening to me too!
  • You must have looked at it while I was in the process of installing the new WP install and your theme.... bummer. I hope you look again this morning.

I have your theme up and running now, so would you mind looking again?

Unfortunately, I get asked every morning here at work what's going on with it, so I'm starting to get desperate.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hello,
    we are working on this problem. I'm very sorry and I need to ask for more patience.
    As soon as I can problem will be solved and we make update, or I will help you fix this up.

Best,
    Miłosz
  • Thanks for the response, and I appreciate the fact you're working on it. But can you give me any idea at all on timing? Are we talking hours, days, or weeks?

I don't mean to be pushy, but I need some idea as I have my boss and a client both asking on a daily basis.

Thanks for your quick response and help!
  • Hi,
    I think today we will fix it. Give me two hours.

Best,
    Miłosz
  • Awesome! Thanks.... would it be possible to drop me an email when you're done?

cstegner at mac dot com
  • I need to know too! Will we have to update the theme? Sorry – new to this!

Also, my 'work' pictures don't show up at all. I have followed the instructions. Do they have to be a certain size? Am I missing something really simple?

Please HELP!
  • Can you help me and try change in the slider options Animation from Slide to Fade? And then tell me if it works?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 0
    If I had access to your server It would be much faster. I can't reproduce it on my server.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • I don't have a problem on Slide, only on Fade. If you can give me an email address, I would be happy to give you my login details.
  • Ok, that was information I needed. I was thinking that you use slide option. Give me a moment and I will fix it.
  • Hi,
    I have fixed the problem.
    We will update theme soon, but for this time you can add this css to your layout.css file:
    div#banner div.flexslider {
    height: 300px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

Or I can send you at e-mail new version of our theme.

Best,
    Miłosz
  • please can you email me. Also, any idea on the 'work' images http://user43342.vs.easily.co.uk
  • Ok, so send me message to support@apollo13.eu and I will reply with new version of theme.

Problem with work thumbs might be in your server. Where are you host your Wordpress?
    Apollo, thanks for that CSS code. Fixed the problem with the slider. I was wondering if there is a way for the slider to fade into the next image. Right now, it fades... but it's fading to white then the next image is popping in. Rather than fading between the 2 images smoothly. Hard to explain. You can see what I'm talking about at my site. http://www.nataliepeek.com/testsite/
  • Hello,
    for this moment there is only this effect. In next update we are going to change it.

Best,
    Miłosz
    Thanks much Apollo. When can we expect to see a new version?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 1
    Hey Apollo,

I have downloaded and installed the theme today, so it should be the updated version?
    Because I have the same slider problem as mentioned here...
    Post edited by selfrighteous on